Save money by fixing your broken eye shadow

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Mafdet • Mar 16, 2014.

1. Mafdet

MafdetMember

Threads:
    There's this method that I came across recently that helps you make a broken eye shadow hole again. It involves mixing alcohol (the cheapest you can find at the local drugstore) with the shattered powder and keeping it in place until it dries. The alcohol helps the eye shadow to become solid again and after it evaporates, you will have your eye shadow back. I think this is a very good way to save money on make-up. I used to throw away a shattered eye shadow because I couldn't use it anymore.

2. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    That's a neat idea! Also, if you have some clear nail polish, you can mix some broken eye shadow with it to create a whole new polish color! This is also a great idea if you've bought an eye shadow that just isn't the right color for your skin. It may look good on your nails! :)

3. JoJoYorkshire

JoJoYorkshireNew Member

Threads:
    Wow, that is a great tip! Now I've read it, it makes total sense but I never would have thought to do it myself, thanks! Make up is so expensive, it's a real let down when it breaks or you lose it etc. I didn't think of the nail varnish thing either, it's hard to know what to do with make up that you like but you're not entirely sure it really suits your skin tone.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Eye shadow into nail polish to change the color or make a new color. That is a neat trick. Now if you can just tell me how to make my polish stay on longer I would really be happy, my polish chips to fast, maybe it is the brand that I am using, I have tried OPI and still had the same results.

5. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    That's a great idea! Is this going to make me break out? I don't really use alcohol on my face, so I was just wondering. Did you notice any changes in your skin after using it?

6. IcyFirefly

IcyFireflyActive Member

Threads:
    Fantastic idea and that could save some money from buying new one, especially if they don't have exactly the same thing that you like! It happens to me a few times already, and it is irritating when that happened :)

7. wahmee

wahmeeMember

Threads:
    That's actually such an awesome trick. My 2 year old daughter tends to throw mine and smash them. Its so heartbreaking because they were so expensive and most of them limited editions too. I like you used to just toss then in the trash. I will try this