Save Money By Sending Kids To Their Grandparents In Summer

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Denis Hard • Aug 5, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Summer time can be hard on parents. If your kids are too young, you'll need someone to watch them if you have to work. The easy way to avoid that is make plans to have the kids visit their grandparents in summer, every year. Making it a tradition will have both [kids and grandparents] looking forward to seeing each other.

A lady I know does that every year. Each summer, she drops the kids at their grandparents and saves lots of cash apart from getting some freedom to travel around a bit.

Really convenient, ain't it?

#1Aug 5, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  2. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, that's if the grandparents are still alive and well. I think for some oldies it is simply too much, dealing with the abundant energy that children have. Also, even though they don't like to openly admit it, quite a few "grandparents" that I know, much prefer going on a cruise or on a trip in their Winnebago, instead of having to take care of their grandkids. Remember, they did all that "kid raising stuff" before, and don't necessarily want to do it again.

3. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Your post made me laugh and cringe at the same time. My sister sends her son to my home or my mom's house during the summer when school is out. I'm a teacher and I didn't take a job to do this summer. My nephew can be a hand full to say the least. My poor mom handed him over to me permanently because she was tired of his energy. It saves my sister money nevertheless. It also has me going to Walgreens to pick up Excedrin Migraine coated tablets every other week too.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Kids are such a burden isn't it? Lol. I think that kid seriously needs some playmates so that he can be looked after by the parents of his playmates during daytime, then he will just go home when his mom fetches him. But getting playmates isn't easy when your neighbors don't have little kids to begin with.