Save Money On Coffee

Discussion in Food & Drink started by hayrake • Jun 20, 2015.

1. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    It's not too big an issue at my house. I'm not a coffee drinker. My husband is, though only in the mornings. He does like it when I buy the beans and grind it myself. I've got to say I like it, too. Even though I don't drink it, the smell is wonderful.

I used to be able to find beans in a certain local discount store quite often, but haven't been able to for awhile. I don't have a membership to Costco, Sams or anything like that, but for those of you who do I would think this would be the way to go:

2. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have a coffee bean grinder at my house, and I may not end up getting it. I find it so much easier and faster to just get the coffee pre-grounded. If I ever wanted to splurge, I would go to a local supermarket or a local coffee shop and buy the beans fresh and ask them to grind it on the spot. I wouldn't go as far as grinding it myself though, because I'll probably just end up using the grinder once or twice.

3. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    The best way to go is if you get it in a large amount. The bags are usually less money. My problem with my family is that we have a Keurig and it's expensive to get the cups for it. They have the newer one, so it costs even more money. I would much rather have to coffee pot because I feel like it makes better coffee.

4. Penny

PennyActive Member

Threads:
    I agree that a drip coffee pot is better, but you can get a refillable cup to use with the Keurig. There are several makers selling them on Amazon.

A refillable cup is a lot cheaper and it works okay so long as you by bold-flavored beans. With normal beans the refillable cup tends to make a bit of a weak brew.

5. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    Oh yeah, I'm sure that it's totally cheaper. The funny thing is that it's cheaper, and it's still better. My grandma would always use a drip coffee pot, and it made good coffee. I'm actually thinking about buying one now because it would be so much better. The only thing that stinks is that I'm the only one in my house that drinks coffee, so it's kind of not worth the buy. I don't drink coffee a lot.

6. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Instead of a coffee been grinder or coffee-maker machine, you can actually use a blender for grinding coffee beans. Of course, don't expect the coffee to be hot. You can just add hot water after the grinding or place the finished product inside a microwave oven (if you have one, that is). I can't say the taste would be the same but it's all a matter of resourcefulness.

7. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I get whole bean organic coffee on sale for $8.15. I grind only for one day though. It's less convenient than having to store the grounds in something and then washing that too periodically. I thought no it's best to just not make more than you use each day.

8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have seen beans at Aldi in my area never got them because I didn't have a grinder but I saw on tv you can use the ninga to grind coffee beans. I love the smell of fresh coffee much more than I like drinking it.