Save Money When Ordering Domino's Pizza

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Rachel Dodd • Jun 14, 2015.

1. Rachel Dodd

Rachel DoddNew Member

Threads:
    Here's a sweet tactic my husband and I used was to manipulate the cost of their delicious handmade pan pizza. Domino's always have had the two topping medium hand tossed pizzas for $5.99 (in Texas that is) and a two topping handmade pan pizza for $8.99. Well, instead of ordering the handmade pan pizza outright, go ahead and order the two hand tossed pizzas. The order will ask you if you want to upgrade it to a handmade pan pizza for $1, making each one $6.99 instead of $8.99! The crust upgrade may vary by location, but you can always save a few bucks this way! Let me know if it worked for you!

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's a great saving! Personally, I like a lot of crunchy vegetables on my pizza, as well as something like chicken or ham. So to save money, I'll order a vegetarian pizza and ask for the meat as a single extra topping. This works out much cheaper, although you do get some funny looks!

3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Thank you for sharing that little good tip to us here. :) I am not really a huge fan of Domino's Pizza but since it is cheaper than other pizza restaurants, I think I should already consider them.

4. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    With pizza, we always have a problem. My husband loves the thick pan pizza and I prefer the thin crust that is crunchy to the bite. It was always Pizza Hut but sometimes it is Shakey's and on occasion, we would order from Domino. I dont' remember the promos but all those pizza outlets have their own discount and promos.

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the heads up, sounds great! I like Dominos but sadly, we don't have it where I am now. But when I'm back in the UK, I'll be sure to try that. I find it better that Pizza Hut, personally :)

6. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    That's a great idea thanks for the tip. Every little helps when you're trying to save money, and at least it means that you're not as worried about treating yourself to a pizza if you're able to save a bit of money on it. You should also try and have a look online to see if there are any voucher codes, because sometimes I can find them for up to 50% off, which saves me even more money when I get to the checkout. They're not always going to be available, but it is certainly worth a try if you know it's something that you want to do.

7. Rachel Dodd

Rachel DoddNew Member

Threads:
    I'm glad I could help you guys out with this. My own family didn't know about it so I had to make sure I passed it along. The cost of it makes it a win for me, so I knew some people would love it. I prefer the handmade...it's sooo good!

8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the heads up on getting a great deal on a pizza. We usually have pizza on Friday as the no cooking day. Feeding two teenage boys can get a little pricey so any thing that can be saved is a good deal.

9. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    This sounds like a good idea to save money and enjoy!

However let me share with you something I learned some weeks back when I went to try to find a job at a call center, where I met a guy who worked at Domino's.

When ordering double cheese, make sure to receive it. This guy said that they were encouraged to propose double cheese in your pizza order for a commission, but sometimes feeling guilty for this because the Domino's at which he worked, did not deliver double despite it was asked and charged accordingly.