Save Money With Open Box Deals At Best Buys

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by hayrake • Jun 19, 2015.

1. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Did you know that Best Buys almost always has open box deals available? People buy large flat screen tvs and take them home to watch the big game, race or whatever and then return the tv's the following week. It's a huge racket. And you can then take advantage of huge savings on their returns.

Not only are there open box deals on tv's, however, but on things like bluetooth speakers and other kinds of electronics as well.

and if you're afraid the item might not work when you get it home. Don't be. If you ask, they'll tell you to just bring it back because they have others. Else you can get a refund.

Probably there are similar deals in other big box stores. Definitely worth checking out.

2. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    So I assume these deals are only available in the store and you have to kind of just look around to see if they have any open boxes? If so, this is probably a great idea right after the Super Bowl or a huge sporting event like the Mayweather Paquiao fight. What kind of deals do they give? 10% off?

3. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Way more than 10% and you can shop open box online anytime. Just go to Best Buys site and type in open box in the search bar and look below to see what comes up. Or check the Best Buys Outlet on site. It will tell you all about open box items as well as refurbs and clearance.

4. felielizab

felielizabMember

Threads:
    So you have had good experiences with buying open box before? I just posted about this not even five minutes ago. I am in search of a laptop and I did notice that Best Buy has a good selection of open box laptops. I wanted to hear from others and see how it went for them with buying open box. Did you encounter any problems?

5. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    No problems. I bought a nice flat screen tv for my husband and have had no trouble with it. And I know others who have bought open box just as well. Personally, I would have never thought to do it myself until someone else turned me on to it. And it is my understanding that Best Buy works with you just as well on the open box items as they do on brand new unopened items if anything goes wrong.

6. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    With open box deals, you can often find some great deals, and chances are slim that you'll have an issue, at least with open boxes from Best Buy. I can't say the same is true of other companies, though, and you do have to exercise some caution. Still, if you can save 30 to 50% on an item because of an open box, then I say the slim risk is more than worth it.

7. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    Wow that's awesome you can do that. I have heard about that before and I was nervous about getting something open box. I would be nervous that it wouldn't work well. I was looking into buying a new Mac, but now that I know what open box means more, I might have to look into it. I thought it was basically what refurbished means. Honestly, they have such great deals, that I might have to check this out. As long as I am able to bring it back if it stops working or something.

8. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHomeActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you thank you thank you for this idea! I'm going to be shopping for both a new laptop and for a video game console in the coming months and this is probably something I will definitely want to check into for that!
    :cool:
    I'm feeling like one happy budgeting mama right now! You rock.