Saving Money and Keeping Your Kids Warm

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by zoeysmama2011 • Nov 7, 2012.

1. zoeysmama2011

zoeysmama2011Active Member

Threads:
    How can I save money on the things my daughter needs in the winter, without having to continually buy clothing and shoes that she will grow out of? Also, what can I do to help my 13 month old stay her warmest in the winter when I am taking her to and from daycare. I already own a Chicco Liteway stroller. i already put a jacket and insulated pants, and warm gloves and hat on her. Basically, I am trying to prevent having to buy a BundleMe. If I can't avoi getting one, where is the cheapest that I can get it?

2. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I'm sure you probably already thought about second hand stores. I swear by these places. I know some people don't like the idea of used but for as fast as kids grow, I don't see anything wrong with it. I also ask friends for hand me downs. I have a lot of luck with this, most of them just want the clothes gone. There's also eBay. I think that might be the best place if you think you need the BundleMe and don't mind that its used.

3. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I bundle them up with second hand clothes from the thrift store and they are warm and cozy as can be. Some times I buy them coats at Old Navy if they're super cheap (like $10 cheap) or I buy coats when they are not in high demand (like in summer time) and store them until winter.

4. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Since you are putting your 13 month old into a stroller, maybe you can just cover her with a fleece blanket for the time you are outdoors. That way you will have less to take off of her once you get her inside again. You can also use some summer things to layer under long sleeves and coats for both kids. When you buy stuff, buy it with room to grow. Not only will you potentially be able to use it for more than one season (hopefully) you'll have room for the layering. Don't forget to use thermals underneath, as well. If you really want to save, you could learn to sew.