Saving Money From Apps

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by danielle davidson • Jun 29, 2015.

1. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    Does anyone have any apps they like to use that save them money? I have one app that I love to use. It's called DontPayFull. It's great because I can go somewhere and it will tell me all the deals in my area. I love it because then I know the places I should go, so that I can get deals. I know that there are many more apps out there like this. So, I'm wondering if anyone else here has an app like this that they like to use.

2. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    1) Farmstand 2) Grocery Pal 3) Coupon Sherpa. What Farmstand does is to give you an idea of the best locally grown farm produces in your area. Grocery Pal will tell you if there are any deals in any pharmacy near you, any supermarket or any discount store. And Coupon Sherpa will no doubt give you coupons when available! :) I hope these helped! please tell me if they do!

3. danielle davidson

Threads:
    Wow, that is awesome. I'm going to have to check those apps out. They will come in really handy because I'm going to start living in my own apartment soon. I'm always looking for apps that can help save me money. I know the basic ones that everyone downloads but never heard of these before. They seem like they will be great, I'll check them out!

4. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I did several of these for a while and then realized my diet was becoming less healthy and I was actually spending more because I was constantly being tempted by these "deals" on processed food. I honestly don't think these benefit many people. The whole point of them is to generate sales anyway.

5. danielle davidson

Threads:
    Unhealthy food is always the cheapest and I don't understand why. They keep trying to get America to lose weight, so why are we making all this food so cheap. You can go into a store and spend more money on water than soda. It's crazy because people are going to buy the soda over the water. We all just want the best deal, which is why we keep getting the food that is bad for us. And if we do want to get the healthy food then we have to be ready to spend more money on that food. It's just not right in my eyes.

6. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I'm usually after productivity apps, and never thought to make use of some to save money, despite I have an app for my shopping lists.

I have to check those that @ExpertAdvice@ExpertAdvice are pointing us at!

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    We don't have apps like those in my area unfortunately. I can download it but it wouldn't be much use because the stores they advertise aren't in my locality. The only way I get savings from apps is from the ones that offer points as reward for certain actions like downloading and testing certain apps, but those tend to take forever to raise anything significant. Some of our local stores also offer their own apps that we can get discounts from when we use it to shop from them instead of going to their site directly, but again the savings aren't really that big.

8. danielle davidson

Threads:
    That's the same way that it is in my town. You could get the apps where you scan your receipt, that's another option where you could save some money. My mom has one and has been able to save a good amount from it. I think that I'm going to start doing that once I get my own apartment, which will be soon. I want to make sure that I'm not spending more money than I have, so I think that it would be a good idea to get one of those apps.

9. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I would love to have that app for my use so I can go to malls and shop to my delight. However, I'm sure that doesn't apply to my location. But in the internet, I sometimes Google the sales in local malls and when I find, I shop to prove that their media release was true. Almost always, I get a good bargain in those methods.

10. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I have used Quidco for a while now, because you are able to get rewards when you visit certain shops in your area - which is something that I really enjoy doing. You just have to sign in to the shop via the app, and the money will be in your account, which you can cash out when it gets past a certain amount. It is definitely worth it if it is somewhere that you're going anyway, because as I always say, every little helps!

11. danielle davidson

Threads:
    I have never heard of that app before, but it seems like it would be something worth checking out. When I go away on vacation I am always in the shops looking at clothing, so this might be something that I will have to get. Right now I have the app ReatilMeNot. I don't know if you've heard about that app, but it's another good one.

12. Kylrey

KylreyActive Member

Threads:
    I had download Shopkick on my android. That helps me a lot for during my travel trips. It helped me a lot to know interesting new deals, or about good shops where i could buy my goods in limited budget.

13. danielle davidson

Threads:
    @Kylrey@Kylrey Yeah, that does sound like a good app. It would be nice to know because trips can be expensive, especially when it comes to buying food. Last year my parents took my sister and I and my uncle to Atlantis which is in the Bahamas, and it is expensive buying the food there, so we tried to find another place to get food. Luckily we were able to find a good place where we would be able to eat and it wouldn't cost all that much.

14. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    I also appreciate DontPayFull. I have not downloaded the app, but I have often gone into a store and used my Web browser to access DontPayFull.com while in the store to find a coupon for my purchase. I usually find one for at least 20% off, which is awesome!

In terms of other money saving apps, I download grocery store apps for the stores that I frequently shop at, and download digital coupons onto my app account for that store. For example, Meijer has an Mperks app where you can download digital coupons to your account, and earn rewards for spending a certain amount of money in one category of item. For example, I'm working on earning a reward right now, where after I spend $70 in the baby department, I will earn $7 off my next grocery tip. Kroger also has a similar app where grocery coupons can be downloaded, and they off special coupons for free grocery items each week on Freebie Friday.

Another app that can be used for shopping at multiple types of stores is Ibotta, where you can earn money back for purchasing certain items by watching short commercial video clips. Sometimes the rebates are brand specific, such as buying a certain brand of yogurt, for example, and other times the rebates can be for an item of any brand, such as a gallon of milk. The rebates range from .20 cents to a few dollars, and can add up to a decent amount of money earned back with rebates for items that I was planning on buying anyways.

I find that by using money saving apps such as these, I do not clip paper coupons as much as I used to. These apps save me time in that regard also.

15. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried this app or any apps like this because usually, they're not available for my country. Poor me.:( I would certainly love to use these apps as saving money is very crucial these days. It's just practical to save every money you have, even cents add up. I sure wish these apps are also available for my country. It's nice to have some tools to save money. Rebates are also great ways to go but alas, still not available for my country.

16. Taraa

TaraaActive Member

Threads:
    Wow... Would you like to share some places names that you find out through that app...

17. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I use several apps to help me save money. I use Ibotta, Checkout 51, Saving Star, Receipt Hog, Find and Save, and ShopKick. The first three are grocery apps where you get so much off of certain products scan your receipt and save. You can use paper coupons with these and get double the savings. Love when that happens for me. Receipt Hog is an app that you scan your receipt to earn points for money. It takes a while to build up enough points to cash out but why not when all you do with the receipt is throw it away anyway. Just scan it first. My favorites are Find and Save and ShopKick. Find & Save has a list of stores that if you shop at and spend the dollar amount listed you can receive a set percentage back. I have been using it for 3 months and have saved over $100 so far. You don't have to spend it all at once. The deals are usually good for nearly a week. So if you make several trips you just scan all the receipts. Easy. Hope these help you out.