Saving Money With Discounted Gift Cards

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Denis Hard • Nov 14, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For those who shop regularly online there's an easy way you can save money using gift cards.

It has been mentioned elsewhere on the forum that there are sites where you can buy discounted gift cards. Since some of these gift cards have a 5% discount, when you buy this gift card, you'll save 5% instantly.

And you could do it over and over and . . .

This is probably the easiest way to save money when shopping online IMHO.

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've seen these and have been tempted, but often the gift cards are quite high value, over $50, so if you have something in mind it's a good idea.

I know that during national spa week, they offer gift cards with 10% extra added on for free. That can be worth it just to buy if for yourself if you have a spa treatment you have been planning.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I agree. I think individual sellers are also a good source of this and sometimes you could probably get a bigger discount from them too since they probably just want to get rid of the card and they know they aren't a trusted store. I'm a little hesitant when it comes to individuals though since it is very easy for them to just run away with your money so I'd only do it if there was some sort of feedback system. But yes, I agree this is probably one of the better ways to save these days because a lot of stores have been making gift cards nowadays.