Saving On Weekends Only?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Denis Hard • Oct 31, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For those who do their grocery shopping on weekends then this tip probably isn't for you.

Most people tend to spend a lot of cash on weekends — partying, going out with friends, boozing, etc. While one should enjoy their life to the maximum, it doesn't necessarily mean that you should spend a lot of cash. All the best things in life are free, right?

So, stay home. Spend time with your family. You'll save a lot of cash by the end of the year.

2. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I've found that I spend more on groceries on weekends also. There are far more "day old" meat, produce, and bakery markdowns during the week, when there are fewer people shopping. I know our grocery stores run weekend only specials, but even then, I hate shopping on Saturdays and Sundays. Tons of people. B-list cashiers. I'm glad I have the luxury of weekday grocery shopping.

You know gas is also typically cheaper during the week rather than the weekend.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, we do our grocery shopping on weekends but only once or twice in a month, depending on how fast the consumption is. We stay at home as much as we can but our family makes it a point to always go to church together on Sundays and eat out after that. It's like our own brand of family bonding. Sometimes staying at home can be just as costly because you end up watching a lot of TV or surfing the net until the break of dawn. Your utility bills surge in the process.

4. pennylane

pennylaneActive Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't really be interested in saving money this way. I work hard throughout the week so I can enjoy my time on the weekends. I agree that having fun does not have to mean spending a lot of money but I do want to go out and do what I want with family and friends. That involves eating, shopping, going to events, etc. That's just where my priorities are. I'd rather cut back in another area of my life to save money.

5. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I rarely go anywhere besides dance class and church on the weekends. I effectively have no entertainment budget and my "treat" which is going to a coffee shop has been cut down from 2 trips weekly getting a latte, to 1 trip a week getting just a medium drip coffee. Last week I even chickened out of that because it didn't feel responsible to spend the mount of an entire pound of organic beans on one cup of coffee. Sometimes I panic about money these days.

6. TPhoenix

TPhoenixActive Member

Threads:
    Weekends sure do soak up a lot of expenses if you let it, but I'm not the type to do all those activities you listed on a frequent basis. Thankfully, because I'd be driving myself into further financial issues. I enjoy staying home more often than not, boozing is a rarity and grocery shopping is done every 3 weeks to once a month, with a few money-saving sales found.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with that, and aside from going out with friends, even dating costs money, right? So it would be really advisable to just stay at home and entertain yourself using your tv or pc. Just go out twice a week after paydays.