Saving Water With A Modern Water Closet

Discussion in Home & Garden started by Corzhens • Apr 1, 2016.

1. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you know that the new models of water closet for the toilet uses less water? When our toilet bowl was replaced 3 years ago, the plumber recommended to us the new model of water closet that uses less than 2/3 of water of the traditional water closet models. Computing the savings with the frequency of use, it is quite a substantial amount. So if you have plans of renovating your toilet, you might as well check on the new models of water closet.

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I had never heard of the expression "water closet" before, but after Googling it, apparently it's what we (in the US) would refer to as a flush toilet.

Yes, it's true, the newer model toilets are a lot more efficient (and more effective in some cases) than the older more traditional models. I realized this when I moved into an apartment a few years ago that had been newly remodeled from floor to ceiling. The toilet was brand new in it as well, and it was really powerful (not once did it ever back up on me the entire time I lived there).

Then one day, I decided to get some of those blue tablets that you drop into the tank to help keep the bowl clean, and when I lifted the lid on the tank, I was surprised to see there was no water in it. There was just a self contained black plastic box. I'm not sure exactly how they work, but the water pressure and flushing pressure is really strong - sort of like when you're on an airplane.