Saving While Out Clubbing?

Discussion in Savings & Investments Plans started by wameyo • Mar 14, 2015.

1. wameyo

wameyoNew Member

Threads:
    Saving while out clubbing? Is it possible?
    I believe you can still have fun while out clubbing and still be able to save a few coins for a rainy day. As for me I've realized that ordering food in a club is expensive so I usually eat at home or in a restaurant before I hit the club.

Any more club-saving ideas folks?

2. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I usually just challenge someone to a game of beerpong and win the game so I end up with free drinks. I don't know how you play beerpong in your place but in mine, losers always pay so it's a great way to get free drinks as long as you're good. My friends and I also get discounts because we're friends with the club owner. Months of being loyal to a certain club give you discounts I guess?

3. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    If you think about it there are potentially only going to be a handful of potential expenses involved: drink, possibly food, getting in and transport to and from. I've been known to drink very slowly in a club and targeted places with special offers or no entry price. It's actually quite easy to do it cheaply if you play it right.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's easier said than done. I believe though you can save money if you take with you only the cash you intend to spend. That would keep you from spending more than you intended to but of course that's if you won't borrow money from the friends you go out with. IMHO, the only way to save money if you have to is cut clubbing out of your budget until the time you can afford to.

5. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's true. Clubbing is an expensive hobby and most clubs milk their customers by doubling the price of beer and wine bottles (which you can purchase half the price in convenience and liquor stores). But what's your purpose for going to a club, anyway? To dance and meet people, right? Just eat elsewhere, maybe at a fast food restaurant, and you may also drink beer in advance before you enter the venue. By the time you get there, you're ready to party without any cost. Someone might even invite you to drink for free.

6. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Really the only thing I know of is pre-partying, which we did all the time with both food and alcohol. Of course, you don’t want to drink and then drive, so only do that if you’ll be a passenger.

Wait, I lie. We used to go to certain parks at night, crank up someone’s car stereo and just dance in the parking lot. It’s definitely the cheapest option, but I would only recommend it if you’re in a fairly safe smaller town, and if you’re in a good-sized group of people.

7. roarzie

roarzieMember

Threads:
    Drinking & eating before is the easiest method to save money while clubbing. Also, there are people who smoke a lot while they are tipsy/drunk. Cutting out the cigarettes will save a lot of money. Or just ask your friends for some.

8. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I definitely agree with those suggestions about eating before hitting the club. This will save you a lot money as you won't have to buy expensive food while there. I would also club together with friends and share the taxi fare there and back. I always found that I didn't spend anywhere as much as some of my friends during my clubbing days, as I don't go out to get hammered. I tended to stick to soft drinks, but then some people can't have fun if they are not half cut, at least. But the thing with "sober habits" is that you can only have so many sodas/juice, and they're cheaper too. IDK I still had a blast :)