Savings with gift cards

Discussion in Hot Deals started by Keely222 • May 20, 2013.

1. Keely222

Keely222New Member

Threads:
    With a little forward planning, this method can be used to make savings on so many things! Clothing seems to yield the best discounts, but I recently used this trick to save myself some money on a dishwasher at Lowes.

First you join a cash back site such as

/

this is my favorite, it seems to offer the best percentages.

Then you use their portal to go to a website that sells gift cards. The cash back percentage often changes so keep your eye out for some great deals. Right now TopCashBack are offering 2% back at Cardpool.com and 3.5% back on Raise.com.

Once you have received your gift cards, you go via

/

again to buy your product and receive yet more cash back.

Example: I buy a $100 gift card from Raise.com via TopCashBack. The card costs $80 and I receive 3.5% back ($2.80). Once I have my card, I go to Aeropostale.com via TopCashBack. My purchase is $100 and I receive 6% back ($6.00). So, I have payed $80 for my $100 gift card and will receive $8.80 in cashback, saving me a total of $28.80 on my purchase.

What is great is you can stack this method with all of your discount codes and sales to stretch your money even further!

Another website that offers cashback is

/

, however, their rates in general are not as high, and they do not seem to offer cash back at any of the gift card websites, but it might be worth keeping your eye out on both sites.

Note: Raise are currently offering $5 off a purchase of $75 or more. The codes are all over the internet but here is one to save you searching "raise75af"

2. shane002

shane002Banned

Threads:
    nice post.

3. asteriks

asteriksMember

Threads:
    It sounds like an awesome thing to do. I shall try this when I am on my online shopping spree when the sales starts.

4. Clightted

ClighttedNew Member

Threads:
    let me check out :D

5. daniel.d

daniel.dBanned

Threads:
    Neat post!!

6. EdenSB

EdenSBActive Member

Threads:
    This certainly seems like a very good method if you're going to spend a lot of money anyway. I think I'll have to look into this as it gets closer to Christmas time.

7. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I will certainly check that otu! Thank you!

8. kal30314

kal30314New Member

Threads:
    You are very smart and I like your way of saving money. I do the same thing you do accept the website I use want give cash back on the gift card purchase. If you use half gift card and pay the reminding balance with another form of payment then you can get cash back on that part of your purchase or services. The first cash back website I join was call BigCrumbs. Since this was the first company that I got cash back on I use them a lot. I do use other cash back websites like Ebate, the only thing I don't like about Ebate is you have to wait so long to get your cash back. At BigCrumbs they pay monthly on the 15 of each month to your PayPal account. As long as you have a $1 in your BigCrumbs account you will be receiving your cash back and you don't have to hit the send button. Another reason why I like BigCrumbs is, if they decide to sell their company they are going to give a portion to their user, how cool is that. We all know if we spend time on a website and telling our friends about it then the next year they decide to go, it feel kinda sad. Well BigCrumbs will not only tell us they are going out of business but will be sharing their money. The lady that referral me to BigCrumbs is up to $17,000. I bet when BigCrumbs do decide to sell she going to be a happy member. I did not use the website that much but I will be happy too.

9. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    It is smart to use gift cards to save money when buying online. You can actually purchase amazon gift cards for 70% of its value in some places. There are always ways to save money when you are purchasing instore or online.

10. mistysauro

mistysauroNew Member

Threads:
    Ill have to search the site does it do visa,mastercard as well?

11. smlewis00

smlewis00Member

Threads:
    Thank you for sharing! You have provided a lot of great information! I am eager to check out all of the web sites you have shared! I absolutely love gift cards! They are one of my favorite gifts! I actually just received some gift cards for Christmas.
    I will definitely be checking out the discounted gift card sites! Thanks again for posting!
    Happy saving! :)

12. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    Nice Post. I can say I saved so much money last year on Christmas shopping by saving my gift cards for JcPenny, amazon, etc I had all my gifts covered and what I couldn't get i just gave gift cards.

13. Halarni

HalarniBanned

Threads:
    very nice and useful info thank you, I will have to use this method for sure, thanks for bringing it to my attention ;)