Say No to the FCC & Title II!

Discussion in Phone, Internet & TV started by mythman • Sep 16, 2014.

1. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not sure about the specifics of the law, but apparently the FCC is working on a set of laws that will hamper free speech by making the content of disagreers load more-slowly than that of loud goers-along.

I found out about this mostly through a page of

. How do you think it'll turn out (the law, the petition, etc.)?

2. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I would need to read into this more, but a while back I was reading about the history of phone lines in the US, and it painted a much different picture than is being argued here. When private companies are left responsible for providing service such as internet, they will in fact, as they have done already, neglect rural communities, and focus their offerings on more affluent communities. It was government intervention of the telephone service that finally brought it out to more rural and less affluent areas. The internet is not free and equal if it's off limits to poverty stricken areas and remote areas. Privatization has also lead to the leading cable and telephone providers to make back door deals with each other to fix prices. Corruption isn't exclusive to government, it's the private companies themselves that are funding all the lobbyists. What makes you think they would suddenly start acting ethically without any government intervention?