Scented Toilet Paper

Discussion in Product Reviews started by hellavu • Feb 17, 2015.

1. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    I don't bother writing out the specific brand because, quite frankly, they're all the same bad.

I was wondering before: who would even buy this? But then my mother-in-law appeared with a huge pack of lilac colored and scented (I'm not sure it's scented to be lilac, or lavender, it just smells awful and chemical and urgh) toilet paper.

I hate to sneeze in it, it smells awful and fake. And I'm not sure what's the purpose of having it this way -- any "scented" product is bad for genital parts and hygiene, it can lead to infection and such, the same as colored and scented menstruation pads. It just capitalizes on the insecurity of "smelling down there", but it's as bad for anyone as a douchebag is bad and useless.

If you ever think of buying such toilet paper because you think it'd be fancy... Think again. Big no-no there.

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    Oh ew.

I definitely haven't tried it before because I didn't even know it existed.

I'm sure it'd make me sneeze, too...or worse, it'd cause an allergic reaction directly on the skin.

I think this is one weird trend I'm definitely going to pass on...

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Scented toilet paper is so stupid to me... it's pointless! Why someone would need scented paper if it will not make you smell any better "down there" and the paper will smell bad after using it... I prefer plain toilet paper.

4. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've never bothered with this. Using all those chemicals in that area can't be good for you at all. No, just normal loo roll for me please!

5. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My mother buys the toilet paper in our household. Sometimes the toilet paper is scented, and other times it is not scented. I don't like to put any chemicals near my genitals if I do not have to, so I am not too big a fan of scented toilet paper. But I will use it if it is there.

6. sll-rambleon

sll-rambleonMember

Threads:
    Oh my God, I didn't know that there are any customers for this type of products. Never seen anyone buying it, but know I know better. No seriously, how do people stand the smell, it is terrible and make my trips to the toilet a nightmare. The worst thing is the scent lingers on and on and on.... horror

7. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    We normally don't use scented toilet paper. But there was one time when we ran out of toilet paper and I asked my husband if he could drop by a store and buy a toilet paper. Unluckily, my husband bought the scented one and I had no choice but to use it. At first, it seemed okay, I did not feel anything unusual. But after a week, that was when I started to feel something like an irritation of my skin. It was so itchy "down there" and I cannot think of any culprit other than the scented toilet paper. On that day, I went out to buy the usual toilet paper we normally use.

8. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have only tried one scented toilet paper because I was given a sample to try and I liked this particular one.
    Charmin released a chamomile scented toilet paper for the Latin market and I actually liked it because it made the bathroom smell like chamomile tea. The only reason I didn't continue buying it is that it was too expensive. I only buy toilet paper on sale. If it had been cheaper, I would have likely stuck with the chamomile Charmin. It had a pleasant ,light herbal tea scent.

9. Kitty Reeves

Kitty ReevesActive Member

Threads:
    Scented anything that goes near your private areas is just a bad idea, even more so for women. Chemical scents irritate sensitive areas of the body, so no one should use them. There is no reason for scented toilet paper!

10. thatnewmommy

thatnewmommyActive Member

Threads:
    No way! Scented and colored anything down there is just asking for trouble! Before I wanted to have scented papaer, maybe colored, but just as a decor for the bathroom. I thought it'd be funny-cute to have an actual roll of toilet paper decorating the bathroom. But then I had baby and that's just asking for him to use it on his own, so that idea is out of my head.