Sci-Fi Android Games

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by FortisLupus • Sep 5, 2012.

1. FortisLupus

FortisLupusNew Member

Threads:
    Being a huge fan of Sci-Fi whether it be books, movies, games or anything else, the lack of quality science fiction games on Android phones was rather disturbing to me. And no, I don't class Angry Birds Space as Sci-Fi. More Sci-Fly :)

To my surprise, however, I discovered a game called "Star Traders". From the onset it looked rather basic, but as I got into it I realised how similar it was to a legendary classic game called "Frontier: Elite II". Granted the graphics aren't as clear and it's based in a 2D universe, but the actual gameplay is amazing!

It is quite an open-ended game too. You have a choice of how to play your role, whether that's a Star Trader, Military Officer, Explorer or my own personal favourite... Pirate :)

The game itself is simplistic, albeit addictive, and available as both a free version and a paid "Elite" version. I have both. It's good to start a character on the Free version, then when you're ready, transfer it over to the Elite version. That way you have a "kind of" save game. After all, like all good games, when you die - you're dead! But wait!! There's still the Free Game character to fall back on. All is not lost (insert appropriate yippee here).

There isn't much difference between the two versions of the game. Not unless you class a larger universe, more ships, more missions, deadlier enemies, better weapons and upgrades and the ability to own multiple ships a difference... It is one of the few paid apps that I have recommended to friends, and I'm here to recommend it to you Sci-Fi fans.

Both versions can be found in the Play Store (Android Marketplace), although I would recommend getting the free version first, in case it's not your cup of tea, that way nothing is lost. Of course, when you become addicted to it, and you will, I will be here for you to come and call me all the names you wish too. As well as being available to offer help, hints and tips on getting the most out of the game.

Now it's your turn. Are the any decent Sci-Fi games on the Android that you've found, that you can recommend?

I'm always on the look out for more addiction. :)