Sears

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by SarahLizzie • May 30, 2012.

1. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    Several years ago Sears used to be a fantastic store to shop in. They had great prices (on the clearance racks), and friendly employees. Now when I enter a Sears location, there is nothing to be found at a price I find reasonable. And finding an employee is hard enough, let alone a friendly, or helpful employee. I no longer shop there due to my recent experiences.

Has anyone else had similar experiences lately?

2. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    I have not. I do not shop at Sears often, but I have noticed that the quality has gone down. They are even selling Kardashian brand clothing, and from what I hear the quality of the brand is very low; the prices are high. I think that they should get their act together because people are more picky about where they spend their money nowadays. I do remember a time when Sears was a great place to shop across the board.

3. hanzuke50

hanzuke50Member

Threads:
    This is sad to hear. I haven't been to a Sears in a while, but the last time I did, which was probably a year or so back, I remember them having great service. I guess they have reached their peak. Hope they get their act together.

4. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Our local Sears still has really good customer service but the prices seem to be higher than other stores. I compare prices on pretty much everythiong I buy anymore and Sears is usually more expensive. When they have a good sale is about the only time they are cheaper.

5. nherie

nherieMember

Threads:
    I have gotten some good deals from Sears over the years, mainly at the end of a season when everything is on clearance and markdown. I have gotten work clothes, bath and body stuff, dressy clothes, etc for cheaper than Walmart or other discount stores. I haven't been in a while though so I don't know what our local Sears is looking like these days. I got a really nice "suede" and "fur" coat a few years ago at Sears, it was marked down 75% and I only paid $19 after applying a $13 gift certificate that I had.

6. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I have noticed that the quality in style of clothing at Sears has diminished. I can rarely find clothes that looks like something people out in the street are wearing. Its weird, its like they get everything no one wants to buy and sell it a ridiculous price. And it is true, you can never find a rep!

7. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I don't shop at Sears because their prices are too high. I've only been there a handful of times, and I didn't have a pleasant experience. You're right about the staff hiding out away from customers. I wanted to buy a new battery for my cellphone, and they were no where to be found. All of these department stores hire the most anti-social people they can find. I guess they do it to piss off customers, but that's what makes a business go bankrupt.

8. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I've never really gone to Sears for clothing. My main purchases from Sears were for electronics, auto repairs and tires. They make some of the best batteries on the market. Their warranty really can't be beat. I think that may be the direction that Sears will probably go in to keep afloat. They will get out of the retail business and keep all of their Auto Centers open. That part of their business has remained steady.

9. beckyv1265

beckyv1265Active Member

Threads:
    I have not been there in years. Do you remember the huge sears catalogue that we used to get at christmas?

10. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also haven't shopped at a Sears store in years. I definitely remember that catalog. It was huge! Almost as big as the yellow page directory. My most fond memory of Sears was the popcorn. The store in my area had an old fashioned popcorn machine. You could smell popcorn and roasted peanuts throughout the store. ;)

11. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    The only time I go to the Sears is when I need appliances and when my husbands Godfather is working. Then we get some great deals and he works with us. If he is not present, we just leave the store.

12. love2loveu

love2loveuMember

Threads:
    Well the Sears in my area closed down. I only found good under garments there. Otherwise, the clothes and shoe selections were terrible and the prices were way too high. I am happy its closed down now and a Burlington coat factory will be there. Hopefully they will have some better items.

13. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1Active Member

Threads:
    I can't lie, I'm surprised Sears is still around. I figured they'd be out of business or close to it at this point. They offer nothing to actually compete anymore. In every aspect of their store, there are other stores that do things better than them. For example, they sell electronics, but Best Buy dwarfs them. They sell clothing, but JC Penney dwarfs them. They sell designer apparel, yet Macy's dwarfs them.

14. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    For some reason I think of Chocolate Popcorn drizzled in hot syrup when I hear the word Sears.
    They used to be such an awesome store, now its all old looking and tired.

15. j_pin

j_pinActive Member

Threads:
    Sears is doing really terrible business wise and most of their employees who worked on commission are making almost nothing now, perhaps this is why they are in such a bad mood. They are definitely on the way out along with other big box stores.

16. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Sears might have a bigger and/or better pool of employees if the application didn't involve handing over your SSN just to apply.