Seasonal Drinks

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by LitoLawless • Dec 11, 2014.

1. LitoLawless

LitoLawlessActive Member

Threads:
    What's your favorite seasonal drink (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)? Are you into seasonal drinks at all? Mine has to be a good pumpkin spice latte. Following by an eggnog latte. Speaking of eggnog, I also love my eggnog a little spruced up during the holidays, if you know what I mean ;)

2. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Bailey's in my coffee? Baileys in my hot chocolate? Wine? Girly drinks? Put a bow on them and they're all holiday drinks lol. I do love me some warm bevvies though, it's my favourite part of the cold seasons. Otherwise, I don't drink much differently than I usually do. Coffee and real fruit drinks are my year round go to beverages. Hot chocolate is really the only addition. And I rarely add alcohol lol.

Eggnog grosses me out. Like a lot.

3. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    My seasonal sucker drink is peppermint mocha from Starbucks. I LOVE that drink so much it's kinda sad actually. I also tried this alcoholic drink recently called "The Snuggler" (which is basically mocha with peppermint schnapps) and it was also really good!

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's not really a seasonal drink, but it's the season most people drink it without asking me why, but champagne. I like a glass with my meal all year around, but people think it's weird so at least at Christmas no one asks. I just like it and it agrees with me and I see it as a treat and to be enjoyed. Also the prices seem to be better value as there are specials on champagne at Christmas.

5. NikkiDesrosiers

NikkiDesrosiersActive Member

Threads:
    Every year on Christmas - since I have been old enough to partake, my mother and I have always indugled in Mimosas (champagne and orange juice) I know it sounds like a weird combination but they are actually pretty tasty. I am a huge fan of eggnog too.

6. missbee23

missbee23Member

Threads:
    The holidays seem to be the time when everyone is throwing parties and overindulging. The average person gains 5lbs during this time. I try not to because at my age, it's too darn hard to get it off. So I try to avoid drinking my calories. I do allow myself some pleasures because it would be impossible to stand around drinking water when everyone else has something good. So one of my favorites is cranberry flavored vodka in soda water with a twist. It is low in calories, and I put a few cranberries in the glass to give it that visual holiday appeal.

7. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    I would probably go with Bailey's Irish Cream, it's perfect for a cold winter night. Besides that, eggnog is probably the most traditional drink. For something alcohol-free I would suggest something fruity, like cranberry juice or punch.

8. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite seasonal drink is hot cocoa. I love the smell and get tingly all over my body when I drink it. I always wondered what the difference was between hot cocoa and hot chocolate so I bought some Hershey's Hot Cocoa and loved it. No need for marshmallows with it either - it's whip cream all the way.

9. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    I always like a carton or two of either egg nog or boiled custard around during the holidays--unspruced. I enjoy hot apple cider, too. And hot chocolate. The hot chocolate, though, I'll drink year round.

10. Misslisa

MisslisaMember

Threads:
    Seasonal drinks......

I love Bailey's Irish cream and eggnog. those two are my favorite drinks around the holidays.