Self Scan Registers?

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Waynefire • Jul 5, 2012.

1. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    Do you use these self scan registers? I have used them in the past, but I have found from experience you have to carefully check your prices because I found each of these did not have any sale prices put in the system. So you have to be careful because they are ripping you off like this if you are not careful!!

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I prefer to use the self-checkout registers. I haven't found a discrepancy with prices though I sometimes have to remember to get all of my change. ;)

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I really like self-check out ones if I don't have too many items. The only real issue I've encountered was sometimes having to have the checked manually put in coupons because they didn't scan on their own at the machine. They always have to check expiration dates and whatnot anyway, so that's a bit of a hassle. It's still faster than waiting in line, though.

4. SEA81

SEA81Active Member

Threads:
    I love self-check out. It beats dealing with a line and a cashier. The biggest problem I've had is waiting for the clerk to approve my check or help with coupons or something because he/she is off talking to someone else or doing something they shouldn't be. I've never had any problems with sale prices, but I do watch it ring up just like I do when a regular cashier checks me out. To me, the self-check allows me to keep a better eye on things than when a cashier is quickly scanning things.

5. writer811

writer811Active Member

Threads:
    I love the self-checkout lanes. I use them whenever possible and I have virtually no compaints with. The only thing I would point out is there never seems to be an employee around when they require an employee's intervention, like when you buy an R-Rated movie. Apart from that, I've never had a problem with them.

6. youtubedomination

youtubedominationMember

Threads:
    I definitely enjoy using the self-scan registers, it just seems to go a lot faster. I do understand what you mean Wayne, the scanner doesn't read the barcode correctly sometimes so just always make sure.

7. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    I love the self checkout registers! They're faster than waiting in a line and I don't have to deal with cashiers scanning too fast or anything. The only problem is that sometimes I forget to take my paper bill change since it's deposited right under the scanner. Other than that, I've had no prior problems with them.

8. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    I've tried them a couple of times before and they work well. They have an employee standing there in case you have trouble with the machine. I prefer to scan the groceries myself, but only if I have a limited amount of items. If I see a long line at the checkout stand, then I'll make my way over to the self serve line. There's hardly anyone using them, so I can get in and out of the store quickly.

9. Livvi

LivviActive Member

Threads:
    I don't know if the US has more user-friendly self-checkouts but I HATE the UK ones with a passion! I have yet to use one where the alarm hasn't sounded saying I need assistance. I then have to wait for a rather pissed member of staff to show up and sort out what the problem is - usually a dodgy barcode! While I may not get service with a smile on the regular checkouts, I get through them much quicker!!! :)

10. saizo6

saizo6Active Member

Threads:
    I like using the self checkout registers when I only have a few items to purchase and I don't want to wait in line. It was confusing the first few times but it gets a lot easier the more you use it. It also helps that there's always a worker nearby to help if you mess up on something.

11. dconklin

dconklinActive Member

Threads:
    I use them when I don't have too many items. I prefer them when I am only getting a couple things and Stop and Shop has never rang up the wrong price on me. The only thing is that if you don't put the item on the belt right away, it comes back to you and you have to scan it again. The only coupons I usually need help with at the self checkout are the $2 off meat coupons they often put on their meats. This is because they need somebody to verify that it was really off the package you bought and you didn't just go find a coupon on another package of meat to get the discount.

12. racechick79

racechick79Active Member

Threads:
    I do like using them when I only have a few items, but especially at Walmart, i tend to have problems with items that won't scan properly - then the little light goes on and I have to wait for someone to come and help me anyways. I have noticed that items that aren't necessarily "packaged' are usually the culprits - such as produce, bakery, etc.

13. cluckis

cluckisBanned

Threads:
    I love the self-checkouts. I am always faster than the regular cashiers, and it takes me less than 5 minutes for my usual coke, and/or gum/chips.

14. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    I love the self check-outs and I've never noticed a discrepancy in prices either. They are particularly good to use when you have something a little 'embarrassing' to buy.

15. justkali

justkaliNew Member

Threads:
    My boyfriend and I always use the self scan registers. I have found that the process can go by faster since the lines are typically not very long. We also like this because we can bag our own groceries to avoid any terrible bagging skills, since this has happened to me in the past. I personally prefer to go to a cashier when I have a lot of groceries, although my boyfriend does not. All in all, I definitely approve of self scan registers.

16. sfg925

sfg925New Member

Threads:
    I like using the self check outs. They are easy to use and you can do everything on your own. I actually worked at a store called Fresh & Easy where all the check outs were "assisted" checkouts, where if the customer wanted help with the self checkouts we would help them but if not they did it on their own. I thought this was cool because it was something different and the employees didn't always have to deal with the cranky customers.

17. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I like using the self scan lines. What I don't like is the people that really don't know how to use them, even after all of this time, but insist on using them. It isn't even a situation of the store being crowded, they just want to use the lines. I don't know if they feel practice will make perfect or what. Other than that, I like the lines and even bagging my own groceries as I know where I want everything for carrying purposes. I'll still use the regular lines with cashiers though. It doesn't matter too much to me.

18. Bloom

BloomMember

Threads:
    I am so against self-checkout registers. I just feel that it's strange not to interact with a human being and actually make sure that a price would be accurate. They always have courtesy clerks that would make sure to check the price for you and give you the customer service that you need. Every time that I get on a Self Check-Out, I always get cheated of my money and I don't feel as satisfied. Granted, if there are long lines for the regular registers, I'd bite my tongue and just go to the Self Check-Out lanes, but other than that, I'm more for the human contact than anything.

19. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I only use them if I don't have a lot of items. They are great when you don't have a lot of items or are lucky enough to not have the need for employee assistance. (Don't try to buy alcohol and use the self check out!) I get frustrated with them when they keep saying to place the scanned item in the bag and I already did. I actually yelled at it once!

20. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I like self check out when I just have a couple of things to buy. Then I can be in and out, even with coupons and my EBT card.... and no one is the wiser....