Sell What You Intend To Replace First?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Denis Hard • Oct 22, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When you want to replace something, it could be electronics or clothes before buying the replacement you should try to sell what you won't need. It's much better because instead of having something in The House which you won't be using, the money you get from the sales can be used to replace whatever it is you no longer need.

Selling shouldn't be too hard. There are numerous sites on the net where you can sell used electronics, clothes, etc.

Anyone do this?

2. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Nope - I don't do this - as I generally only ever replace something if its absolutely necessary - meaning whether it be clothes, cars, electrical appliances or whatever - they are only replaced when they are no longer doing the job they were designed to do or in the case of appliances or cars - are beginning to cost a lot in repairs.

However - although a great idea in principal - I'm not altogether sure that selling an item before you replaced it - would work for everything or even if it would be practical to do so.

Particularly as - there are some items - for example - beds, fridges/freezers, washing machines/dyers, ovens, cars etc - where because practicality, comfort and convenience would far outweigh any of the benefits obtained from selling beforehand - it would be way better to either - have them removed at the time of delivery of the replacement, trade them in or sell them after the arrival of the new item - as that way - not only would it avoid the inconvenience and in some cases the discomfort of being without them - but also the possible extra - unnecessary costs involved of having to try and make do while searching for the replacements.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I haven't done this but I have been meaning to. Pic have a habit of always using products until their last breath so I rarely get to sell any of them before replacing them since at that point they aren't worth much anymore and the effort it would take for me to post it and ship it as well as having to answer inquiries usually doesn't seem equal to what I'd get for the item in return. However, I am planning to do this with my future items especially my devices since I think it's a good way of getting more out of products for less money spent.