Selling Used Branded Clothes

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by ellajanelle • Jan 31, 2016.

1. ellajanelle

ellajanelleMember

Threads:
    I've tried doing this in my country and it's a good business! I sell my Forever 21 clothes and a lot of girls buy them. I make sure I wash them though and they have no defects. I then use the money to get new clothes. Do you think this is a good business idea? Would you buy used clothes?

2. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Well, considering that you are making money from what you are doing, and it seems that you are having while you're at it, I'm inclined to say that your business is indeed a good business idea. I won't buy used clothes though and that's just a preference of mine. You should however continue whatever it is you're doing and try to turn it into a bigger business. Good luck!

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'm a little apprehensive about using used clothing but I'm not too against them either. I've bought many clothing items from second hand shops and I just clean them thoroughly once I get them home. I don't sell many of my clothes online though but I have tried it before. I just find it to be a little too much work for the amount I'm able to get, personally, but I suppose if I knew I'd be going through branded clothes regularly I would be more open to doing that as a system so I can have more money to spend on new clothes.

4. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    It's a good business idea. Many people don't mind purchasing used clothing at all,and I'm one of them. Just remember to pay yourself before you start buying more clothes. Always put a little bit of money to the side, it could be whatever you can afford(2%, 5%,10% ) of whatever you earned from sales. I've seen/heard way too many stories of small business owners just getting by because they don't pay themselves first. These type of business owners pay all their bills for their household and then turn around and put all of their money back into the business. You want to be a business owner that's not only keeping her business afloat, but one that's investing in herself too. Much success to you!!

5. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I don't mind buying second hand clothes. I like to look for brand name tops in excellent condition. At a store called Value Village I can usually find brand name clothes with the tags still on them for a great price. I also have no trouble buying my kids gently used clothes. Kids grow so fast that often dressier clothes get only worn once or twice and then you can get great deals on shirts, sweaters etc. I will bring my kids gently used clothes to a local consignment store and get back usually what I paid for the clothes. I have never thought to sell my own clothes. But I might try now.

6. atlmom5

atlmom5Active Member

Threads:
    I like Value Village too and I really enjoy shopping there at the end of the month. I don't know if you have a thrift store called Park Avenue Thrift, but if you do and you've never been.....you need to get there soon! You'll really enjoy them, they have a lot of name brand clothes with tags on them too. I found a nice Gap dress for a little girl with tag still on( $34.50) and the store was selling it for $7.50, but I also got 50% off because Sundays are customer appreciation days if you have a blue card/ receipt. So, that dress ended up being $3.75 for a Gap dress. I don't know if you're in the Atlanta area or not but if you're interested I'll put the link down below. You can also have coupons sent to your phone if you sign up by text.

7. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not big into buying second hand clothes, but if they were good brands of good quality and were barely used, I'd be all over them. They are very popular in Botswana, but sometimes I feel the stuff is not of very good quality, so I don't bother.

@

....sorry for cutting in right here, but that thrift shop sounds great. It's such a shame they don't have an oline store from which people from around the world can buy. I take it you'd have to go in and buy from in store. Not an easy feat if you're half way across the world. I wish there were many like it, but with an online presence. I'll have to do a search.

8. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    I purchase used clothing for myself and my family. I usually look for high quality brands that I know will last longer (such as Carter's, Land's End, American Eagle, North Face, Etc.) at thrift stores and garage sales. Most of the clothing that my family and I wear is second hand clothing that has been well taken care of.

I have considered getting into selling name brand clothing online. This is something that I am interested in learning more about. @ellajanelle@ellajanelle, where do you sell your name brand clothing? Do you sell it online? What is the best way to find buyers for your used clothing? How do you normally price your used clothing items?

9. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    For someone who won't buy second hand clothes I suppose that certainly is a good way to save money. Instead of paying full price for the new clothes you buy, you sell the old ones and use the money to fund your purchases. That's exactly what people do on clothe swapping sites. However when you have customers who'll buy the clothes when they are available for sale, that's even better.

10. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are many of these types of places in America, and if I knew exactly where to find a few online, I'd seriously consider getting the stuff to sell here. The market is certainly ripe for that sort of thing, people here love stuff from the US/UK/Europe and eat it up, whether it's brand new or second hand! So please, if anyone knows of such places with an online presence, don't be shy, let me know LOL :)

11. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also buy used clothes, and I would have to agree that it's a good business idea. I also am considering selling my used clothes on Ebay so that I can make some money.

12. roarzie

roarzieMember

Threads:
    I'd buy used clothes as well, since it doesn't bother me. Second hand stores/thrift shops are highly popular in here and I tend to check them out from time to time as I can find quality clothes in there, and many great brands at prices that are so low that anyone can afford them!

13. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There's definitely a market for branded used clothing. I sold some gently used items on ebay. They weren't brand names though. Selling new or never worn clothes worked better for me even though they weren't brand names. I was able to earn some decent money to buy holiday gifts.

14. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A friend who is a habitue of ebay is inviting me to sell some of my old clothes that are branded. She knows that I buy expensive clothes and my wardrobe is a mountain already. But I have no intention of selling. Call me a pack rat but I'd rather keep my old branded clothes for souvenir than sell it. But when my nieces would come and ask to borrow some of my old clothes, it is okay. At least they will take care of it.

15. Grace Simmons

Grace SimmonsNew Member

Threads:
    Yes it is a good idea. Even thousands of people around the world are involved in such kind of business. Not only clothes, but also people are selling shoes, watches, jewelry, handbags, sunglasses, perfumes, etc. Go ahead my all best wishes are with you.

16. Aimee198

Aimee198New Member

Threads:
    well, it's good idea. I bought some gently used items from amazon and ebay, but I would not have purchased used clothes.

17. DressTop24

DressTop24New Member

Threads:
    I agree, it's a great idea. But used clothes may have some unwanted fault that we don't want to see in our collection. If the dress is free from fault then it will be superb. Because branded things are too expensive and many time this collection would be out of stock.