Send Flowers or a Unique Gift?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by nwitt • Mar 24, 2014.

1. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    What do you guys send for birthdays or other special occasions, such as a promotion or an anniversary? I like to send flowers, but sometimes I wonder if this is too common of a gift. I know a lot of people also like to send gift baskets and other similar items. Do you think these items are too overdone? What are some other unique options to send that can be purchased online? I want to make sure that my gifts are appreciated!

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It depends on how close you are to the person that you intend to give a gift to. If you're close to that person, then of course it would be better if you send a unique gift as compared to sending a generic one. I know some Chinese stores that have a lot of gift items available, and they also offer free shipping too, so try to check out dx.com or focalprice.com. I've already bought some items from those stores and the service was great.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think flowers are acceptable even though they can be a bit cliche. It's just a nice gesture and I think almost anyone can appreciate having something that can freshen up the room instantly both by looks and smell as well. For something different of equal value I'd say a ticket to a day spa would also be nice or anything along those lines. Anything that has to do with relaxation can serve as a great gift especially for a promotion because it shows you are thinking of how they should relax after all the hard work they have put in.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A hand-made gift can be a good gift for any special occasion. You could buy one on Etsy and add some personal touches to it if you can. Many people love these kinds of gifts. In any case they are much better than flowers which usually are thrown out after a few days. However if someone likes flowers I think you just should send them flowers.