Set Cost Limits?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Denis Hard • Nov 14, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A very simple but little used way to save money on clothes is setting price limits per item. If for example you've bought $10 T-shirts in the past and they were OK [just giving an example here] then you could decide not to pay more than $10 for any other T-shirt you buy in future. Same applies to everything. This would keep you from buying expensive clothes that serve the same function cheaper ones do. Apart from that, the fact that you won't pay more for something would motivate you to find places where they sell the clothes you intend to buy at cheaper prices.And who knows how much more you'd save?

2. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree with you as far as setting cost limits to every product you intend to purchase. In fact, I do this all the time. For instance, my friend's about to be wed and I still haven't bought a pair of sandals for the occasion yet. I went window-shopping last week and to my horror, glamor sandals sell for $40 above. In my country, that's already a huge deal. We're from the developing side of the world after all. Anyhow, I think I'll just look elsewhere. My set budget is $30. Usually, when you're really motivated to save up on costs, you'll be able to pull it off successfully. I don't want to buy an exorbitant pair of sandals 'cause I know I won't often get to wear it unless there are glamorous occasions I must attend to (and these are few and far between, you know).

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think everyone of us has some budget limit to begin with, and it's based on how much we have in our wallet. So thrifty people in general will really make it a point not to go over their budget. But in my case, I think it's ok to splurge once in a while.

4. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like setting cost limit. This thing doesn't work for me. I buy what I like, that's what I do, no matter how much it costs unless the total money that I have will not permit it. What I actually do is that I set my budget instead and not the cost per item. If my budget would only fit one item, the one that I really like, I proceed and take that one. I am already satisfied. I take what I want regardless of the cost and as long as my budget suffices.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I always have cost limits to the clothes I purchase. I usually set aside a whole day to shop for a whole new wardrobe and I usually have a budget in mind as well as how many items I'd like to get out of it. Usually I come out getting a lot out of my money because I tend to prefer buying many cheap items instead of a few expensive ones, but I admit I do splurge and get a few expensive items to accent my wardrobe.

6. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To be honest, I don't set a limit to the items I intend to buy since I have a credit card. However, there are items that I find so expensive that the price turns me off. My husband on the other hand is a stickler for the budget. He doesn't want to go overboard by buying very expensive shirts. Particularly with the shoes, he buys not the cheap ones but definitely not the expensive ones because his reason is that you just step on it.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't do that. There is a price that is too high for me, but overall it depends a lot on the item. I wouldn't pass on something I loved because it is 10 or 20 bucks over my limit! I would think of that item all the time until I caved in and got it.

8. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    I don't usually set a cost limit mainly because I'm not too fond of buying or shopping stuff myself. I'm more interested in saving money and investing them in stocks or in a business rather than spending them on clothes, sneakers, or other material things. However, I do have a couple of hobbies that I'm willing to spend some bucks for such as my love for cars and travelling, and the expenses for my road bike. Other than that, all of my money are put into investment vehicles.