Shari's Berries Reviews

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by CoolCat • Jun 24, 2015.

1. CoolCat

CoolCatMember

Threads:
    After seeing all of the TV ads and hearing them shilled on every podcast I listen to, I ordered some Shari's Berries for my mom for mother's day. She said they were really good. The chocolate was melted slightly (just soft, not runny) when they arrived so she stuck them straight in the fridge to firm out. She got both berries and cake truffles, and really enjoyed all of them.

Has anyone else ordered from them? Would you do so again?

Price-wise, I thought they were a little too expensive, but there were a ton of coupon codes out around the holiday. If I were doing it again, I would order them near a holiday to get the discount, but have them delivered on a different day when the shipping was cheap.

2. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I've never ordered from them but I have had a negative review (anti-recommendation? lol) and so have been a bit hesitant. My friend had a terrible experience with their customer service and between that and their high prices I've been holding off.

3. ReadWriteLearnLove

ReadWriteLearnLoveActive Member

Threads:
    My husband ordered valentine's gifts from Sherrie's Berries for both kids and me last year. It was such a disappointment, and calls to the company got nowhere. They simply said they'd "note his file." The berries were delivered the wrong day, so they didn't arrive until the Monday AFTER Valentine's day, even though he was charged for overnight shipping. When we finally got them, they looked like they had been frozen, thawed, and re-frozen. The strawberries were so shriveled that they were bouncing around inside the chocolate. It was very disappointing, and the customer service was very lacking. We haven't ordered from them again, nor do we plan to.

4. CoolCat

CoolCatMember

Threads:
    Oh wow! That's so disappointing! I wonder if my order coming through okay was an anomaly or if they've made some big changes in the last year. I hadn't really heard of them until this year, so it's possible they're trying to do a re-launch of sorts.

It's also possible that there are regional centers that are contracted out to fill the orders. That's been my experience with 1-800-FLOWERS. You put the order in through their site, and then they pass it on to a local floral shop who doesn't prioritize it because it isn't their name or reputation on the line. I've seen countless late deliveries, cancelled orders (late in the day they were supposed to be delivered), broken pots, etc.

5. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    \

Yikes! I've heard very similar things more than once which is why I have held off in the first place. That's such a shame...can't stand bad customer service. How do places expect their business to stay afloat if they don't work well with their own customers? :(

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I can't justify spending that much money on dipped strawberries when I can make my own.
    Even with promos and coupon codes ,it's still cheaper to make your own dipped berries.