SHARK Steam Mop

Discussion in Product Reviews started by JenVarsity • Mar 30, 2012.

1. JenVarsity

JenVarsityMember

Threads:
    I could not live without my SHARK Steam Mop. As soon as I can afford it, I plan on purchasing the hand-held version to do counters, walls, and even upholstry.

The steam technology is amazing. It has taken soo much dirt off my kitchen floors and I can even use it to clean the germs off my carpets!

My mother-in-law recently purchased one, she loves it as well!

2. Randomhero

RandomheroMember

Threads:
    Does this work on hardwood floors to clean them or what about rubber mats? Just curious.

3. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    What is the price range for a steam mop? When I own a home, I think I would like to have a carpet steamer. I am always reading things about the "creatures" living in your carpet... yikes!

4. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I have always wanted to get one but never seam to have enough money to do it. It just seems like something else always comes up that I need more than a Shark steam mop. Maybe one of these days I will get to have one. I'm glad to hear you like yours so much, it is good to hear honest product reviews.

5. BrittneyD

BrittneyDMember

Threads:
    I have looked at these, but I couldn't afford it. I had back surgery, so I can't use regular mops very well. I use the Swiffer mop. It is easy on my back, but doesn't clean as well as I would like it to. My kids also enjoy using the Swiffer to mop the floors. Do you think my children (who are 9) would find the Shark Steam Mop to be as easy as the Swiffer?

6. alinass

alinassMember

Threads:
    It looks crazy! I don't believe that it can clean. I watch it on TV every day and some old ladys says it's creat, but if you buy some Mr.Proper or something like that it will do the same job!

7. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    Steam not only cleans, it sanitizes. That is what I find so great about it, especially for carpet!

8. dexterlablab1

dexterlablab1Active Member

Threads:
    I love these kinds of mops. Sure beat the hell out of the old fashioned cloth or sponge mops that didn't clean your floor fully.

9. rachallen

rachallenNew Member

Threads:
    I have not had good luck with this mop. I have tile floors throughout my whole house (almost). I never feel like the floor is completely clean and it can get very slick. My little boys (who are usually barefoot or in socks) slip all the time because the floors are slippery (this is when the floors are dry..not wet). They might work better on hardwood floors, or maybe it is the type of tile that we have, but I have not had success with this. I use a good ole mop and soap now and my floors look much better.

10. Ella Bella

Ella BellaNew Member

Threads:
    I was very curious about this item when I first saw the infomercial years ago. Then I came across some not so great reviews online about how it doesn't work properly or that it was poorly made. I'm still interested in steam cleaning products and I hope to find one by another brand that has received favorable reviews. I'm glad that the Shark steam mop works great for you.

11. Konstantina

KonstantinaActive Member

Threads:
    I use swiffer and I have never used the steam, but you really persuaded me. It is cheaper than I though and certainly better than just getting the dust. So is it only for the carpet or not? It is great that it sanitizes and everything, but I don't want the floor to be slippery either

12. racechick79

racechick79Active Member

Threads:
    We love our Shark as well. It is so nice, especially with kids. It is something that I can use to clean up our hardwood floors quickly when the kids are playing or taking a nap, rather than getting down on my hands and knees to do it! Plus, it does such a nice job and doesn't leave any kind of residue on the floor like some of the waxes and soaps can. My mom had it first and absolutely loved it. It is especially nice for those who are older because there isn't any heavy lifting or bending involved. LOVE IT!!

13. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    I had a Shark steam mop, and loved it at first. Then it began to malfunction, and the steam ended up coming out of the champer (instead of spraying onto the floor) and burning the heck out of me. I fiddled around with it to see if I could fix it, but to no avail. By that time I had misplaced the receipt, so I couldn't return it. But I'll never buy another one. I'm back to using my regular old wet mop. I'm not a happy Shark mop customer.

14. cashorcheck

cashorcheckNew Member

Threads:
    My two dogs and I LOVE IT, WE USED IT ALL WINTER TO CLEAN UP after our romps in the snow. It works as well as the day we bought it. HIGHLY RECCOMEND THIS PRODUCT.

15. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    I loved the one I had. Sadly, it broke somewhere between Idaho and Texas but I would love to get another one. It makes mopping so much easier on my back and cleanses it better than any other mop I have ever tried. You don't have to stay off the floor until its dry, no one slipping and falling on a wet spot. No wet socks while you are mopping. Oh jeez, I miss my steam mop. I hope to get another one soon. Oh, and no more buying floor cleaner, all you really need it hot water to get the steam going.

16. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like the idea of steam killing the germs when you clean the floor. I don't have a Shark Steam Mop and don't think I will purchase one because, I don't think we would use it that much, we do not have a lot of floor that does not have carpet on it.