Shaving... Your Face! :o

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by SterlingJay0123 • Jan 19, 2016.

1. SterlingJay0123

SterlingJay0123New Member

Threads:
    Hi!

So the past few months I've done a lot of research into the myth of whether shaving your face makes the hairs grow back quicker or not. Science generally says no, but I'm wondering about what effects people who actually shave their face regularly see. I've shaved my face two or three times, about once a month, and absolutely love the way my face feels afterwards. I also love how smooth my makeup goes on! Anyway, I usually use moisturizer and those eyebrow razors to do it, I only shave my cheeks and jawline. So far I haven't seen any negative effects, but I was wondering if they would slowly creep up on me, and soon I would end up having to get laser hair removal from my own doing. D:

Thoughts?

2. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    If you are a guy, I think that shaving your face is something that should be common to you and, depends on your personal preferences let some hair growing or not, like it could be your mustache, beard, or sideburns.

But for a girl... facial hair may not only grow quick but thicker, what an embarrassment!

When I was younger I shave a fine hair growing near my lips and it came back thicker so I stopped doing it and began using depilatory wax then.

Overtime, I did not longer need to remove any facial hair, but having plucked my eyebrows off for years, I found myself having irregular eyebrow hairs when I decided to let them grow naturally again, including some being really fine hairs.

Because a thick eyebrow hair helps you to avoid makeup in this area, I thought to shave them off completely to force their thicker grow but, oh my bad, now they are growing thicker indeed, but so irregularly and wild, that I have to keep shaving them off and using an eyebrow pencil instead to get them look good and natural.

3. SterlingJay0123

SterlingJay0123New Member

Threads:
    As far as I had heard, the hairs on your eyebrows and lip were different from the hair on the rest of your face. I'm a female. I hadn't noticed any difference, but I don't shave my eyebrows of lip as I've heard that could get a little whild. I was wondering more specifically about the hairs on women's cheeks. I don't know if I should continue without talking to a dermatologist, but I love the way my face feels. :oops:

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I did cut a tiny patch of hair on the left part on my upper lip where very fine hair grew when I was in pre-school, and it did grew a bit longer as compared to the right part of my upper lip. I was lucky that the hair on my upper lip is not noticeable at all, but I am now certain that if I shaved it for the heck of it it will grow thicker. I plucked one strand of hair on my leg and it grew longer than it originally was!