Shipping Charges For Goods Paid For Online?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by Denis Hard • Sep 24, 2013.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Online deals can sound so good that anyone would wish to buy their stuff cheap. For U.S Amazon customers I'm sure there's no extra cost for shipping whatever they buy online but supposing someone does buy something online but from a different country do they charge an extra cost for shipping the products or does the initial price tag cover everything including shipping charges?

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I have purchased several items that are shipped internationally and they have always had additional shipping charges because of having to go through multiple customs check points. Most of these purchases have been music CDs so it wasn't a whole heck of a lot more. In the last few years, I haven't purchased anything that needed to go through customs but I would think that the extra shipping cost would still need to be added on.

3. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    It is completely normal for their to be additional charges for international shipping. It does cost quite a lot to send items over borders and onto planes/ships etc. You will always be notified if there are additional charges for shipping though. You won't just be charged without knowing (this is illegal).

Just make sure you always review your order before making that final confirmation.

4. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Shipping charges can put me off purchasing an item if I don't absolutely need it. Especially when I am looking at shipping from abroad. Finding free delivery and returns definitely influences my decision on whether to go through with a purchase. I just wish purchasing from abroad was a lot cheaper and there wasn't the issue of customs charges, it's such a pain.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If someone gets something like, say an Amazon gift card or certificate, supposing you redeem something from Amazon and uh. . .it has to be shipped abroad, would that mean that you have to pay more for the shipping?

6. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only sellers that offer free international shipping on Ebay are Chinese sellers, the rest charge you for shipping. In Amazon, I noticed that no seller offers free international shipping over there.

7. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    Yes, there's usually extra that's charged for international shipping, but I find it more economical to get a U.S. address, which I got through registering at a shipping company in Jamaica, who has an office in Florida, and flies my goods from there to Jamaica. If the were located further like in California or Arizona like other shipping companies, it would be too expensive.

8. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    On amazon, international shipping is free if your order amounts to more than $125, otherwise you have to pay a shipping cost. They also levy a customs charge which is refundable if the product you buy has no customs duty on it. Even if you use a gift card, you'll have to pay shipping costs.