Shoes That Last

Discussion in Product Reviews started by remnant • Mar 18, 2016.

1. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I have tried many brands of shoes including those made by cottage industries. I rarely come across a shoe which can hit off road for more than 2 years. Rexin and moccasins have failed my durability test. I think the more expensive leather shoes are cheap in the long run. I have in mind shoes made by Weibrenner which are of high quality and quite tough. It will be quite a period before you replace them saving on costs.

2. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My husband always buys his leather shoes in the shoe trade fair. It is genuine hand-made and although priced a bit higher but much lesser compared to those in the mall. What's good is the quality of his shoes that lasts for more than 3 years. That's why he seldom buys unlike before when he buys shoes every year. In the last 5 years, he bought 2 times only and those 2 shoes are still good until now.

3. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, if you don't mind paying for the quality shoes that last over 3 years I bought at Robins and C. June Shoes stores. It'll cost you, but they got sales. Both are online so you can see if you like their styles and cost. It's so comfy the shoes I got at both stores, but they were pricey.

4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Quality shoes are worth the additional moneyy because they last longer. I have a hard to fit foot so I pay more for my shoes than most people when I can find some that fit. I refuse to wear shoes that hurt my feet, it is worth the money to be comfortable. I walk a lot so my shoes must be comfortable.

5. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Leather shoes last forever. i had some Reebok sneakers I probably wore for 20 years. Lately though it seems all I wear is boots, Nike sneakers, crocs, sandals, and flip flops! I think if you can afford it, buying leather shoes is a good investment. they will last the test of time.

6. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    I would buy expensive shoes to work in because I was on my feet for at least 8 hours a day 5 days a week. I needed good shoes so my feet and back would not hurt. I would buy a pair of $200 running shoes and they would last me for at least 2 years. My feet and back did not hurt while wearing these shoes, so I think it is a good investment to spend some extra money on shoes.

7. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I actually stopped buying pure leather shoes a long time ago. About 10 years ago I ran into this Italian shoe store and they were selling really nice shoes that looked amazing. The guy said the shoes would never fade because they weren't genuine leather. Instead they were some sort of plastic leather thing.

Even though I was a little suspicious, I still bought the shoe because I needed them for a wedding reception. They lasted for about 6 years and the shine on the shoes was just amazing. I now only buy shoes like that because they are so easy to maintain. I mean such shoes only require you to wipe them off with a cloth. And since I am a little lazy, wiping off with a cloth is all I really want to do most of the time. I don't know what the material is called exactly, but it costs less as compared to leather and lasts much longer.

8. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    Loake's are excellent. Mine cost £105, but they were well worth the price, and lasted almost 5 years. My current shoes which were £35 (expensive enough I assumed) are already starting to fall apart now after just 6 weeks. I'm not sure how much per year you should be spending on shoes, but £50 should be enough.

9. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Shoes are something I'm never prepared to skimp on and paying a bit more for quality and comfort is totally worthwhile and in every respect too.

Particularly bearing in mind that - as the majority of quality shoes are generally made out of superior quality materials - as well as designed and constructed with foot health in mind and more often than not are handcrafted - meaning that they are hand-stitched rather than being machine made - not only am I looking after my feet - but as they're extremely durable - so much so - that the majority of my shoes normally stay looking good and last for way, way longer than 5 years - even with regular wear - they are without doubt - excellent value for money.

10. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Some of my favorite regular everyday and/or dress shoes are Naturalizer. I've been wearing the brand for years, because they're good quality and are durable. I also have hard to fit feet, because I have a high vamp, and many shoes, especially the modern styles, don't accommodate that. I prefer leather over most faux leathers, but canvas, cotton or leather would also work for me. Natural materials cause less sweat, which is always a good thing when we're talking about feet. I like rubber soles, because they allow the foot to flex. If my feet are stuck inside shoes or boots that don't allow them to breathe or flex, I tend to get cramps.

11. knitmehere

knitmehereMember

Threads:
    I try not to spend a lot of money on shoes because I'm on a budget. For my daughter, we just get whatever she likes the look of because her feet grow so fast that it doesn't matter if they last or not.

As for myself, my last two pairs of shoes were of the Adidas brand. I received them second hand, both pairs, and they both lasted me at least three years each. They are expensive when bought new, but they last long enough to make it worth the price.

12. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I'm too buy Naturalize shoes. Clarks and Rockports are also well made shoes. I usually visit the outlet malls once a year and specifically look for leather shoes that are comfortable and well made. I'm on my feet for 7 hours a day and I do a lot of walking so I need shoes that are comfortable. I recently bought a pair of Toms which are super comfortable, they are like wearing slippers all day but I have to say that after a year I've walked the sole off and now they are a bit slippery. I love that they are socially responsible and I don't mind paying a bit more for shoes when I know that part of the money is going to help people in need. I only wish the soles of the shoes would last longer than a year.

13. djdontpay

djdontpayActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, 7 hours a day on your feet? My feet would hurt with any kind of shoes if I had to stand on my feet for that long. Rockport is a good brand when it comes to comfortable shoes.

14. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I find that nowadays it is easier for men to find good quality shoes than women. Not to mention women shoes are much more expensive and you need a variety of them, which makes it outrageous to buy really good quality shoes of several kinds.

15. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    I always assumed that women shoes are cheaper especially when it comes to second hand shoes. Part of the reason is that women are much more fashion conscious as compared to men and replace their shoes more regularly. I have also discovered another concern called Persian shoes based in Iran. They make exquisite handmade shoes. They accept bitcoins which have really appreciated in value and enable customers to save on currency.

16. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I always buy Clarks shoes, which are made of good quality leather and last for a very long time. I notice that there are Chinese knock-offs of this brand, however, it's not difficult to see that the Chinese stuff is not genuine.
    Genuine leather shoes can be a bit pricey but the are usually good value for the money.

17. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I actually think good quality leather, brand regardless, would be a great investment if you want shoes or bags that last. However, it would be ideal to purchase leather only if you are solvent enough or have extra money to do so. Make a firm budget and do not buy with the perception that quality is always expensive because that's not always the case. Compare prices of leather shoes before making a final decision.

18. Sealpikachu

SealpikachuMember

Threads:
    In general I am quite stingy with shoes since all the walking I do kills them pretty quickly but I have recently found that Sperrys last forever. I was given a pair as a gift and not only are they super comfortable but they also last long. I have been wearing them nearly every day to work for months now and they look like new.

19. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know that Florsheim shoes are made to last, and I'm not surprised about it because my dad has one and it lasted for many years. I think if the brand is expensive in general then it is expected to be a durable brand.

20. gmckee1985

gmckee1985Active Member

Threads:
    If you want shoes that are going to last a while you have to avoid the cheap no name brands. Personally I've found Dockers shoes to be very durable. I put them through hell, working various jobs where I stood all day and they lasted through it all. Also find Clark's to be really quality, well made shoes that last years and years. Bass shoes are quality as well. Timberland makes really quality work boots, and they're stylish so that's a plus. Those would be my suggestions.