Shop early for Christmas

Discussion in Toys, Kids & Baby Stuff started by Zyni • Sep 28, 2014.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    How early do you start your Christmas shopping? I usually try to start picking up a few thing here and there, so I don't have one big outlay of money all at once. It also gives me time to shop around for the best deals, hit up the good sales, and have things shipped now cheaply instead of paying extra for faster shipping at the last minute. I like saving time and saving money.

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I also start to pick up a few things as I am out to so that I will not be running around at the last minute. I just looked at some coats for two of my grandson's and a few things for other members of the family. I always have one person that I never know what to get and have to wait until the last minute to get that person a gift.

3. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have stopped buying people gifts for Christmas years ago. I am of the opinion that every day of the year is a good day to give gifts, so I don't reserve any special days at the end of the year for it. I simply can't stand all the drama around Christmas, that's why I usually disappear to a quiet place until it is all over.

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I envy you and I wish I could do the same, but unfortunately I'm not in the right place to do so yet, so I have to put up with everything that comes with the tradition.

Still, since I have to, I usually do try and finish the list early so that I won't have to rush during the remaining weeks, but often I do tend to leave it until last minute because nothing beats the prices during those last few weeks of shopping.

5. lizzief79

lizzief79Active Member

Threads:
    I haven't started shopping for Christmas yet. However, I have started saving up. I have four children so it is an expensive time for me. I save up throughout the year so that I don't find things too hard at Christmas.

6. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Normally I shop year round for it...just picking things up when they're on sale or at a decent price, shopping as I go to save the expenses piling up all at once. We've been short on money this year though and I haven't started shopping...honestly not sure that I'm going to. Even before being short on money, we were considering skipping the gifts- it really shouldn't be the focus of the holiday, in my opinion, anyway.

7. jackslivi

jacksliviMember

Threads:
    Last year, we bought our presents early because we had the money to. This year we will be buying gifts in December. It makes me sad because I will probably miss out on some good deals but we just do not have the money this year. I do not know about you guys, but it seems like we are running short every month with money. We even get help with link and wic. We budget and never go out unless it is to get groceries. We are for sure having a hard time this year. I think that will make for a more special Christmas though. We will really be able to be together. We do have some crafts that we plan on making which might mean we actually have time to do it.

8. Tellyv

TellyvMember

Threads:
    I have already started my Christmas shopping, I feel the earlier I start the better. I have a big family and I like to get everyone a nice gift, so I start at the beginning of November and I'm usually done by the second week of December. I hate shopping with crowds, so I always shop in the middle of the week, early in the day on my day off. I have this Christmas shopping thing down to a science.