Shop On Tuesday For Gas

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by Isabellas2007 • May 24, 2012.

1. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    I have heard this in the past, but now I am finding it true. If you shop for your gas on Tuesday the price is generally lower and easier for you to afford. I know on Wednesday they start to creep up the price to get even more money from people who need gas on the weekend.

2. Zapped

ZappedMember

Threads:
    A few months ago, someone told me that gas is cheapest on Tuesday. I started watching, and dog gonnit, they were right! Somehow, I always seem to be my busiest Tuesdays! I think I need to pencil getting gas in to my schedule every Tuesday.

3. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    This is really good to know! I am going to have to start only buying gas on Tuesdays. I have also heard that you can actually get more gas per dollar if you fuel up when it is cool outside. You get less gas when it is warm because gas expands in the heat.

4. psufootball

psufootballMember

Threads:
    Never heard this before, I'll have to try it this next week.

Also, when you get gas it's better to put out as much money as possible. If your gas is over half tank it will retain more.

5. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I've always been told gas is cheaper midweek than at weekends. We have one garage here that gives a 4 cents per litre discount on Wednesdays, so that's our fill up day. You have to do what you can to keep the cost of motoring down these days.

6. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    Wow, really? All these years I have been buying gas and I never knew this. I am glad I know now. Tuesday is now Taco Tuesday, and Gas it up Tuesday! I really appreciate the heads up, and I will also be spreading the word.

7. greenmachine

greenmachineMember

Threads:
    Thank-you for the tips. I guess i never noticed. lol Farrah taco Tuesday may just make gassed up Tuesday. i suppose that makes sense since most people get paid on Friday so they tend to gas up on Friday or over the weekend.

8. Waynefire

WaynefireActive Member

Threads:
    Gas is expensive at any time of the week, but I have noticed it can be cheaper on Tuesday. This is a good thing to know and a wonderful time to get gas. I know this past week on Tuesday it was 3.619 a gallon. Then on Wednesday for no reason it was up to 3.819 a gallon. So this type of money saving advice is a good thing to know about!

9. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    Wow I will definitely keep this in mind. I had no idea. I normally tend to get my gas on Fridays since I normally only leave the house on Fridays.

10. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    Have you ever tried a gas price app? I have one on my iPhone and can see the prices at all my local stations. I am in a small city/ town, but it still gets updated often enough by different people using the same app that stop there. It is great for planning when/ where to get gas and figuring out which stations tend to always run higher or lower.

11. AnonaMoss

AnonaMossActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you very much. I will rate this thread a 10! I never noticed that gas was cheaper on Tuesday, and I don't think I would've noticed it. This is very helpful to a lot of us. Gas is nearly four bucks now, and any discount would be helpful.

12. Mrs. Rogers

Mrs. RogersActive Member

Threads:
    I'm going to give this a try this coming up Tuesday. I had to do a partial fill over the weekend when I had to do a lot of driving. I'm waiting until Tuesday to do my full fill up.

13. trendchaser

trendchaserMember

Threads:
    Wow, never knew about this. But, what makes them cheaper on Tuesday? Do they play on some kind of margins? Actually when I was in India the gas prices remain constant and do not change based on the days. Have never seen the prices coming down. Always up :)

14. Kaycee J

Kaycee JActive Member

Threads:
    This is news to me! I am going to watch the prices for a few weeks and see if it really holds true for my town. Thanks for the information!

15. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    First time Im hearing about this. I will have to keep an eye out for this. That is a great thing to catch on to! Thanks

16. Isabellas2007

Isabellas2007Active Member

Threads:
    Bastro, I have heard of the gas app and have it on my phone. The only downside I have found is the prices are not accurate. I was at a station in the parking lot for one they said was 3.49 a gallon, but it was actually 3.69 a gallon.

17. TabithaW

TabithaWNew Member

Threads:
    That's odd. I have not heard that but it makes good sense. I will have to keep my eyes open this next week & see if true for me locally. Thanks for the tip.

18. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've heard this a few times but never have paid attention. Now I will make sure I get gas on Tuesday, I do notice the prices increasing during the week so that by the weekend they are much higher.

19. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    I'll have to tell my husband about this. We live right next to a gas station, but I guess we just hadn't noticed. If that is true we will be putting our gas in on Tuesdays now!

20. love2loveu

love2loveuMember

Threads:
    Thanks for the words of advice. I am a new driver and I really do not pay attention to the cost of gas on various days but I will make it my business to do so and stop to get some gas on a Tuesday when my tank starts going low. I can see the price of gas creeping up especially by the weekend because that is when people like to go out and travel etc more so besides the regular traveling back and fourth to work routine.