Shopping by catalog

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Gelsemium • Feb 28, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have two colleagues where I work that sell by catalog. One of them sells perfumes and the other beauty creams. They make better prices than retailers so a lot of mu co-workers buy them. To be honest I don't get how they manage to make better prices, but it's a great opportunity. Have you bought like this?

2. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I'm surprised that there are still catalogues! All I know are just online catalogues though. You can always get a good deal online as well.

3. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I used to but no longer do it because it's very hard to come by nowadays. I think they can get better prices is because maybe they're ordering from the manufacturer in huge amounts and get quite a discount. Whatever it is, I don't really care as long as I can get them cheaper than other places.

4. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I don't bother with this at all because I buy online most of the time now.

For sellers, they are usually offered a deep discount for re-selling them, so they get them for close to wholesale costs and them mark them up in order to make a profit. This is still cheaper than retail usually ends up being for some of the same products.

5. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yep, that is a fact. I think my colleagues make 20% (or is it more?) on their sales what is great, imagine selling $100 worth of product, some easy $20! ;)