Shopping Channels

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by pwarbi • Mar 15, 2015.

1. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    I used to be a fan of these shopping channels and bought quite a few items. Then I started realising that most of it is, for want of a better word, rubbish!
    As anybody actually ever bought an item that they couldn't live without off one of these channels because all I've got to show is a cupboard full of used once only items.
    This is just my personal experience of course, maybe I'm just picking the wrong items?

2. philipgust

philipgustMember

Threads:
    Haha great article

3. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I still watch HSN and QVC from time to time. There can be good products advertised there not that I buy them too often. However, when HSN was first brought to our area I will admit my family was pretty hooked to it. We would spend hours watching this network, and yes we did buy things there. I found that their host could give you subliminals about how great a product is and somehow you had to buy it. Anyway, we eventually stopped watching HSN so often when the novelty wore off. Fortunately when QVC came along we didn't adopt that same obsession with it, we are now at the level where we can take it or leave it where these channels are concern.

4. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I think it's wise to avoid buying off TV shows. Anything that is really a good product will eventually end up in stores for a lower price and continue to sell. I remember the Sham Wow commercials, and then later seeing the product at the Dollar Tree, so I'd advocate for waiting.

5. worldmachine

worldmachineActive Member

Threads:
    These shopping channels are the worst in low quality television. The presenters are always perma tanned and oozing with slime. I object the way they talk down to the viewer as though they are stupid, they tell us that whatever item it is that they are plugging is the most fantastic thing ever invented, they also claim that they are almost giving the product away because it is so cheap.

I know the presenters job is to sell but their techniques are not the right way to do it, they should not insult their viewers intelligence. I have never bought anything from one of these channels but a friend bought some jewelery, they said it was cheap rubbish.

6. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not a fan of the products at all and have never actually bought anything from a shopping channel. I'll occasionally watch them for a quick laugh but I can't tolerate them for long.

7. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    I agree, now a days I think I watch them just for the comedy value, some of the presenters are unbelievably bad and if you was in a shop they wouldn't make one sale!