Shopping for Shoes Online - How accurate are the Sizes Online?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Colebra • Aug 18, 2014.

1. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I'm trying to find some new kicks online...
    I never ordered shoes online before, because just imagining getting the wrong size, and having to return the package...

How accurate are the sizes online?
    And have you ever had to return something, to Amazon for example? I'm from Europe, so I don't know if the sames rules on returns apply...

Also, is there a online store that is cheaper than Amazon, where I should be looking in?

I'm looking for some Nike Air Force

2. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    Most online stores have fair return policies when it comes to apparel. Amazon is usually one of the best but it helps to be on top of things, like not waiting more than a month to discover that the shoes don't fit or something is wrong. Other places will state in the description that the sizes run small or large. Sketchers and DSW have clearance sections that may be lower in price.

Overall, look for free shipping and returns on a minimal ($) purchase.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I think when it comes to sneakers you could trust the manufacturers to deliver the same size shoes you even used to and it's probably especially true if you've already bought a lot from that brand before. When it comes to women's shoes though I'm a bit more careful and I always try to investigate a bit more on whether or not it would be better to go half a size higher or maybe even get wider ones instead.

4. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I once bought ballet flats online. The size guide that they have was the same as the one I use when I go to an actual store. Sadly, for some reason, the pair that I got was still too small for me. Thankfully, they were on sale, so I didn't spend too much money on it. I think that even though online size guides are accurate, the actual product is still different.

5. Serena

SerenaActive Member

Threads:
    I am very weary of buying shoes online. I really need to try them on in person because depending on the cut of the shoe, I need different sizes. I ordered some shoes once in my normal size and they ended up being entirely too small. I ordered 6 pairs and out of the 6, I could only fit two. Returning them were a hassle because they had to be shipped internationally to my country and doing return shipping is such a hassle because it takes so long.

6. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Shopping for shoes online can be a challenging task. I prefer to buy my shoes in local shops, but since I moved to another country in which my favorite shoe brand isn't available, I have resorted to ordering them online. I have a special liking for NAOT shoes from Israel, as they are sporty, partly orthopedic and yet stylish at the same time. I love their shoes as I can totally rely on the quality and exact size. I have ordered three pairs from them online so far, and they fitted perfectly. So, I guess it really depends a lot on the brand that you are familiar with.

7. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I have found buying shoes online to be very simple and accurate. If you are buying from a brand you have worn before you probably will have no problems with sizing. Check the return policy just to make sure they are fair and can make an exchange for you if you end up with the wrong size but usually there isn't an issue. Amazon is a pretty good site for shoes, as is Payless.com.

8. Tellyv

TellyvMember

Threads:
    I always buy shoes online and the sizes seem to be pretty accurate. The best thing to do is go to your local shoe store and get your feet measured and find out what size your sneaker size is. Most stores like amazon have a good return/exchange policy but make sure you find out for sure before you purchase any shoes.

9. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well I don't really recommend buying shoes online. I've been there and done that and more often than not, there's always a problem with the size. The sizes aren't at all accurate. You have to deal with the differences among UK, US and Asian shoe sizes. Though at times you're lucky enough to land on a pair that fits you just right. Better go to the malls and buy shoes there. Replacing a pair for another one can be a hassle if you ordered online.

#9Nov 17, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2014
  10. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    Shoes are really difficult (not more difficult than jeans but still hard), but it honestly depend on what TYPE of shoes you want. Some shoes, like walking and running shoes, if you know the exact size and shoe width of your shoes you can just order it and 99% of the time it will be perfect.

But if you want to get things like boots (for women and, if hiking, for men), or rainboots, or sandals or whatever, then you'd definitely have to try it on first. Different store and different brands have sizing differences so it makes it really hard for you to know which ones are perfect and which ones aren't. If you're someone like me (who wants boots but they need to be wide-calved), I have to try it in stores before I even consider buying it.