Shopping For Travel Insurance

Discussion in Travel Insurance started by JulianWilliams • Jan 25, 2016.

1. JulianWilliams

JulianWilliamsMember

Threads:
    I know there are comparison websites that have insurance offers from dozens if not hundreds of companies for other type of insurance, like car or home insurance, however, are there such websites that give you the best deal available for travel insurance? Do they do a good job finding you the best deals out there?

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have not seen a site to compare the prices of travel insurance as you can so many different things covered by your policy. It may be one of those things that you will have to build a chart to compare the cost of the different insurance companies on your own.

3. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    Being a frequent traveler for both business and pleasure and shopping around for travel insurance quotes - in order to get the best deal as well as the best cover - is something that I have to do quite regularly - having now used quite a number of different sites for this purpose over the years - the one I use the most and would highly recommend checking out is

not only for quotes - but also to compare the prices of most travel insurance policies currently on offer.

4. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do know of websites that offer all kinds of deals from travel packages to short-term courses, but it's not a guarantee that they will offer

as well. You need to do your research, visit each travel insurance company you're interested in, look at their available plans and corresponding prices and pick out the one that suits your travel habits and budget.

5. JulianWilliams

JulianWilliamsMember

Threads:
    Excellent suggestions, thank you very much. After checking out both of those websites it appears the savings one can make on travel insurance are quite large. I wouldn't have expected that to be the case, to be honest. Which companies do you regularly pick? Should I just go with the cheapest option or is there more to making such a decision?

6. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am a Health and Life Insurance agent, but I don't know much about travel insurance. This site you posted is full of information that I will be looking into to become more informed on the subject. Thanks for the post.

7. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    I tend to default to the travel insurance that my bank provides. It's a bad habit as I know it's not the best rate out there and they love customers like me that thrive on the convenience factor. But at the same time, I don't have a family to consider, tend to buy insurance on a trip by trip basis, and it tends not to be that expensive.

If I was looking to cover more than myself then I would definitely look at what the comparison sites had to offer.

8. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    One of the companies I work for sent out a post that more people are looking into getting travel insurance because of all of the things going on in other parts of the world. I had not been aware that having travel insurance can solve so many problems if you are traveling and something happens like the trip is canceled or delayed. It is worth the money. Also it is important to look into what happens if you get sick away from home what will the insurance do for you and is it enough.

9. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I hear about travel Insurance it sounding good that one may be able to obtain this service. I am wondering however what are the events that it would cover and what are those that may be exempted. Suppose I would have travelled to some location and I should be kidnapped, what would be the policy on that type of situation?

10. Dino Rex

Dino RexNew Member

Threads:
    I use the insurance offered by my credit cards. Not exactly the best but as a 70-year od I do not have many alternatives.

11. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    We have many such websites which offer you the best deals/comparison charts/get offers and arrange deals. My most favorite of such sites is Policy Bazaar dot com. In fact all my insurance policies are finalized through them as they take best care help me settle the deals. For my last travel insurance they gave me 12 different companies with different rates which kind of confused me in the beginning but when they explained the conditions in detail it was easy to select in the end.