Shopping Online

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by danielle davidson • Aug 3, 2015.

1. danielle davidson

danielle davidsonActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes there are some really good deals that you can get online. I find that some stores have better deals online than they do in the store. I would love to be able to shop online so that I could save money, but I'm bad at buying sizes for myself. I always end up buying something that is too big for me. So, do you guys like to shop online so you can save money?

2. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I may or many not buy fashion online because I am somewhat busty and not even buying clothes personally can find something fitting great.

Usually I only buy from online stores when the clothing is made of spandex/lycra, because I know I will not have problems with most of this clothing ;)

3. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I do it on occasion, but sizing can be a bit of a problem for me as well. Size charts help to an extent, but sometimes I can be unsure if a brand runs small or large. I do know of a few, such as H&M which tends to run very true to my size, but even then it can be a crapshoot. To be fair, I can run into similar problems shopping in brick-and-mortar shops, so I figure it’s more of a problem with than clothing manufacturers than with whatever method I choose to shop.

4. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I do like to buy clothes online, but only from brands that I know my size in. It can be too difficult to return items that you have bought online if you're not too sure about the sizing, so for this reason you need to be careful about where you buy from. It is no longer a bargain if you then have to mess about sending things back to the store to get another size sent out to you.

5. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't shop for myself online. The most I buy in online shops are pet accessories. But I do surf the internet for shopping ideas. Like the Jennings that until now I still have to take a personal look. I found it in the internet, a jeans type that hides the bulges of the tummy. It is ideal for me since I have a lot to hide, hahahaaa. But for clothes, I normally go to mall to get a good fit of what I would buy.

6. paultrump1

paultrump1Member

Threads:
    I don't buy clothes or shoes online,cause I am not sure the size they're tagged.I have to try it on before buying it.But other things that don't matter with size,I'll choose from online.Like food,tools,etc.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I tend to buy memory cards online since they are cheaper than the ones in the mall, but I will not buy tops anymore online, since some of the 2nd hand ones that I bought recently don't fit me, and the seller doesn't accept returns as stated in the listing, so to get my $12 back, I have to resell them.

8. turtledove

turtledoveMember

Threads:
    If I decide to shop online, I generally save a lot of money. Amazon and Ebay generally have really good deals on things which would normally cost a lot if you bought them from the normal retailers. Toys, beauty items, and often digital products are things that I buy online, because these are often things which are overpriced when you go to the stores yourself. I just always make sure that I read the reviews before actually buying something: often you're not getting what you're expecting at all when you buy online, so it's better to be safe than sorry.

9. Sue

SueActive Member

Threads:
    I don't buy clothes online much but I have on occasion. Sizing can be a problem but I find if you stick to stores that are in your area then you can get the deals online and if they don't fit you can return them to the store. If you are familiar with the store then you may be more familiar how their sizes work. Sizes can be so varied from store to store.

10. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    As I like to be able to check the quality of anything that I buy and also take an extremely small size - which I generally have difficulty finding in regular stores - I rarely buy clothing online.

However on the rare occasions that I do - its normally only t-shirts, cotton sweaters or fleeces for both myself and my husband - which I will only ever buy from an online store that I have used for almost fifteen years - as not only can I generally pick a bargain on something that is needed, as they have ongoing sales throughout the year - but more importantly - the fit and quality is excellent - as is the customer service and particularly when it comes to sizing - for example - if you give them your measurements they will happily measure the garment that you are interested in and advise on whether it would be a good fit - as well as replace it or give you a refund if you are not entirely satisfied with the garment once it arrives.- other than that its more cost effective for me to shop at the stores for clothes.

11. mikkenneth

mikkennethNew Member

Threads:
    Well, mostly time i buy fashion accessories online. Because its time consuming process. Some websites provide good deals like Ebay, shoppersfeed so i can believe only some.

12. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love shopping online, from my eBooks, to clothes through to cosmetics. It's a lot easier to compare prices across many websites without ever setting foot outside and it's ever so much more convenient than traipsing from one store to the other on the high street. I absolutely love it.

13. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Shopping online can save you money with online vouchers, coupon codes and free shipping as well as cashback sites. With clothes I buy from places I know my size or if I have tried on the item before in a store. Most places offer free returns or exchanges, so I used to order two items and send back the one that didn't fit as well. Many places are used to this and even list it as a reason for a return.

14. sbatz72

sbatz72Member

Threads:
    I most certainly shop online. I do like shopping online to save money and one of my favorite sites to shop at is Amazon. I know there are a lot of people who say like you have to pay for shipping. But, I look for items that have sellers that offer free shipping. I like to buy from China and that area of the world. This area of the world usually offers free shipping.

15. MarriedGirl15

MarriedGirl15Member

Threads:
    I do most of my shopping online. I tend to find great deals verses going to the store. I shop at places like eBay, you can always find cute clothes at a great price, and most of the time the shipping is free. I have another favorite site, and that's clothing under 10.00, you can find cute tops and jeans for ten dollars or less.

16. Mahi

MahiMember

Threads:
    Online is the latest way of Shopping, and it's going to increase day by day. People have started E-tailing because they get many scopes in online plus they get intreating deals and they can do the comparison between two or more deals. Now online shopping is on developing stage but in future, it has many scopes. Get an idea of

17. moneymania

moneymaniaActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to clothes, no. I have made the mistake of buying a couple of clothes that are too small for me, and I can't ship them back, so now I only buy clothes from offline stores. Being able to fit the clothes is really a must.

18. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like to window shop and compare prices. Then I'd go to stores and see what's cheaper online prices or in store prices. Stores have weekly sales like Safeway does at their site, & with their free card you'll get even lower prices. CVS, Walgreens, Target to name a few stores has weekly sales. We have a membership store Marukai Wholesale Mart, that's just a half a block from my home, that has weekly sales too so I love comparing online prices with in store prices all the time and get the cheapest product. In store like Walmart has their store brand Equate and Great Value is another way to save money while shopping in store, so it's good to know prices online so you can compare them to in store prices so you can get the best for your family at good prices. Store brand quality is very excellent with cheaper prices.

19. explorerx7

explorerx7Active Member

Threads:
    I do shop for clothing online but the size specifications can sometimes pose a challenge. I have to be checking and double checking the sizes so that I will obtain the correct fit because of the many variations in the size structures.

20. Keibah

KeibahActive Member

Threads:
    I shop online sometimes but to be honest it seldom saves me money as I always have to pay for delivery compared to when I buy from the stores, it cheaper.

I prefer to shop online when I can't get what I need from stores and also when it's a foreign product that has to be shipped over.