Short Dress,Hautler Dresses, or long Dress

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by stacyje • Jul 8, 2014.

1. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    What your preference dresses for this summer I prefer the halter short dresses cause I love for my shoulders to be out and stay kool. These dresses are rather cute with platforms or just some pretty sandles. What your preference ?

2. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    Sometimes I wear shorts but mostly wear jeans in the summer. It's been so long since I've been in a skirt (other than for church) lol. You seem to look good in sleeveless tops. I personally don't like showing too much skin but if you look good I say flaunt it.

3. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I don't wear dresses too often but when I do I prefer maxi...generally really effortless and comfy. I don't like super short dresses.

4. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    Awww thanks you, I like to show my tatoo off, but I like to be classy with it as well. I am a jean lover to I have over 300 pairs of jeans that i pull out during the summer it strictly dresses.

5. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, I find maxi dresses confortable also I like to wear them around the house sometime to just lounge around depending on how they are made. I have some that I dress up with a blue jeans jacket that sleeveless and wear when I go sit out with some friends.

6. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer maxi dresses and I don't like wearing sleeveless dresses. Summer is the time that you sweat too much and you don't really want to expose your underarms at this time. Also, if you expose too much skin, you tend to get more sunburned as compared to when you cover up a little bit. I would even wear 3/4 sleeves, as long as the fabric is not too thick and it lets my skin breathe.

7. Gadzooks

GadzooksMember

Threads:
    I like the short dresses. I'm a short gal and so the short dresses fit my size better than a long dress does, which just makes me look a lot shorter. I don't really like halter dresses because my chest is too big and I always worry the 'girls' will just pop right out and say hi. If I had a smaller chest, I would love halter tops/dresses. The dress definitely has to be sleeveless though. Where I live it is always hot so sleeveless is a must.

8. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I like short dresses because when I go out I tend to cover up on the top but show some leg. I think maxi dresses are cute and also extremely comfortable so I sometimes wear them, especially on very hot days.

9. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I also like short dresses but I don't wear them all the time though. When I'm out I usually wear shorts, skirts, or jeans and pair them with my favoruite blouses. I'm also a bit into legging nowadays so I have a lot of preference on what to wear at different times.

10. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A short dress or skirt during the summer is more comfortable to me than a long dress. I do not wear jeans during the summer way to hot and uncomfortable. If I have been outside for a long period of time I will cover my arms and shoulders because I get sunburned, also if I am in an office with the A/C on to high I have a little sweater in my bag I can put on.

11. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't like halter dresses because I feel like they make my arms look fat and ugly... My favorite kind of dress for summer is short sleeve A-line type of dresses. To me those are the most flattering on my figure, and i take advantage of them all the time. As I have a small waist, I like dresses that are very fit on the waist as well.

12. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like flowy, long dresses (maxis) that make you look like you're about to go to the beach. In my current line of work and because of the the distance between my workplace and my residence, I try to avoid wearing such dressed. I have to ride a motorcycle every time I go back home, so long dresses could be detrimental. I also like dresses that suit my body frame just fine with the skirt on the same level as the knees if not an inch or two higher.

13. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    I like short dresses, no matter the silhouette. Most of my short dresses hit a couple inches above the knee, but I’ve got a couple of slightly scandalous ones, haha. A-lines are the most flattering, but I have a thing for fitted dresses as well. I’ve got a couple of dresses that can be tied in multiple ways, including halter-style, which I love to experiment with.

14. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    I love wearing midi/knee-length dresses, not too long and not too short. Really suits me well.

15. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Actually, I'm not much of a dress person. Of the few dresses that I own my favorites are either midi length or above the knee but not short. Dresses tend not to look as good on me as skirts or suits, so I tend to choose dresses that look like two pieces. I do have one, though, that doesn't fall into that category that suits me very well.

16. kaylahambrick

kaylahambrickMember

Threads:
    I usually am caught wearing a long maxi dress because I have long legs. A short dress that is perfect length on a shorter girl, could wind up looking way too short on me. I would rather just wear maxi dresses and not risk walking around looking like I'm wearing a shirt as a dress!

17. AngelicDevilTel

AngelicDevilTelActive Member

Threads:
    When it comes to skirts and dresses I usually go shorter.
    Since I am a pretty short person - 5'2" - a knee length dress or skirt looks kinda long on me anyway.
    So I go with shorter dresses and skirts because they will just look normal on me.
    The halter style is cute and I find it fits best because I am heavy chested.

18. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    I don't usually wear dresses but when I need to, I prefer to wear short dresses. I love wearing them because they show my long legs and it can show my figure more unlike when I wear long dresses that do nothing for my figure. I also find that when I wear long dresses, I look shorter and I'd have to wear heels which is something I don't want to do. I don't want something revealing though, so I opt for dresses that have sleeves or if not, something that has a thicker strap.

19. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer longer dresses. I don't like to expose much of my bare legs, or even legs in just tights. I won't go above the knee unless I am wearing legging pants made of jersey knit underneath. I feel so much better hiding my shape under lots of clothes.

20. Femiluv

FemiluvMember

Threads:
    I don't own a single ankle length or maxi dress. I live in short dresses throughout the year because I love showing off my legs. When it's cold, I wear tights and booties for warmth. I love jersey knit as well, so cozy.