Short shorts

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Peninha • Jun 5, 2014.

1. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This year I've been seeing a lot of usually younger woman wearing extremely short shorts with their pockets hanging out. This is something I have never seen before and I think that these days women wear less and less clothes. If you are you wearing these shorts, do you think they are comfortable? Aren't they too strange?

il_570xN.452529406_ge63.

2. Miaka_M

Miaka_MActive Member

Threads:
    I personally don't like the style where the pockets are hanging out, I just find them a little strange looking haha. But, I do wear short shorts because yes, they are comfortable. Summers here in Toronto have gotten extremely unbearable so shorts are normal to see around there. But women wearing less and less clothing...is kind of bothersome ._.

3. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do think it's strange to see young women walking around with really short shorts with the pockets hanging out. No, I don't wear them. As long as their butt cheeks aren't showing I guess it's fine. It's not my thing. Plus, I'm getting to old to wear that sort of thing.

4. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think they are comfortable at all. It feels like not having any protection on the upper thighs. Also, I think it does not look too decent and the person wearing it looks too disheveled because of the pockets. I think it is not fashionable and I'm certainly hoping this trend will go away soon.

Some people wear it with tights and that one is rather ok.

5. KymARenner

KymARennerNew Member

Threads:
    What you said is true, they are rather common nowadays, but not my style. As far as others wearing it, no one should mind as long as its not offensive to look at.

6. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think thin young girls with lean legs look great with short shorts. Of course, there are certain occasions in which I think it's nice to wear them - like the pool, beach, park or even a casual barbecue on Sunday. But on a daily basis I think girls should wear a bit longer shorts. I would wear short shorts on these occasions I mentioned if I had the legs and weight for it, it looks cute.

7. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    I like shorts but not with hanging pockets, that is just way uncomfortable for me. I don't usually wear them when I'm at a place where I don't know the community well but back in my village and around my family, I don't really mind wearing them.

8. forextraspecialstuff

forextraspecialstuffActive Member

Threads:
    I think the short shorts with exposed pockets is going to be a passing trend. I remember seeing them a lot last summer, but not so much this summer. I think the style is cute for the beach or maybe a picnic or something, but for running errands or day to day I don't care for it. I don't wear shorts like this, but I think I'm a little too old for them.

9. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've seen too many young women in short shorts over the past two years. While there are those who say they are comfortable, etc, etc, I don't see how wearing decent, slightly longer shorts can be too uncomfortable. After all, three or four inches of extra fabric won't make much difference in terms of helping someone combat the summer heat. It's just a pathetic excuse of parading around almost naked.

The way things are going in future, maybe, nudism will become mainstream.

10. caseyfacey

caseyfaceyActive Member

Threads:
    I don't mind the way they look, and I'm pretty indifferent about the lengths of shorts. I own a lot of "short shorts," and one pair the pockets do stick out just a bit. (Not as extreme as in that picture.) They are comfortable like any other pair of shorts would be comfortable.

11. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I see too a lot of women who wear short shorts that the pocket comes out and get seen, but I don't think it to obscene at all. I mean they are not that very shorts to the point of seeing or giving out a hint of sensitive areas. There are shorter short shorts and this is really something I would have to react about, something I wouldn't allow my sister, my cousins or my friends to wear for their sake and of course, for decency, not because of being conservative.

12. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think it's obscene either, those short can be decent or not, meaning, if the owners cut them too much they will be somewhat indiscrete, if not they will be ok. The thing here for me are the pockets, what's the point in having them hanging out there, I've never seen those pockets with something inside...

13. Annabell

AnnabellActive Member

Threads:
    Who likes short shorts? We like short shorts!

But seriously, no I don't like them that much myself. I mean, I get it, you want to show off your legs a bit-ladies, don't lie we all know this is the truth, just like you wouldn't be wearing high heels if you didn't want to show off with that little oomph to your butt-and feel cool, as in, colder while you do it.

But I dunno, I don't like the idea of having them so short that my pockets are on show.

14. richc3

richc3Active Member

Threads:
    The wife says if you have very lean upper thighs they can look all right. She is on the thinner side but feels self concious of her upper legs wearing them. The shorts in the picture would still look good if they were an inch or two longer. She hates the pockets hanging out though, she thinks it looks awkward and and unkempt, not fashionable. I'm inclined to agree.

15. wander_n_wonder

wander_n_wonderActive Member

Threads:
    One more thing about short shorts is that they may be nice to wear in certain situations, but definitely not when you're going to a formal dinner. It may be ok on the beach but that's about it. I wonder why some people even bother to go to the mall or a fancy restaurant wearing this.

I would prefer the conservative style where shorts are almost over the knees.

16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really don't care what other women wear, and I'm not fond of wearing shorts, but frankly speaking, I see a lot of women over here wearing short shorts and they have large thighs to begin with, and it looks unsightly. But then again, it's their body anyway, not mine, so live and let live. But the shorts with the exposed pockets looks like "hippie fashion" for me. I'm sure the fad will quickly pass after some months.

17. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I am going to be the "stick in the mud." I think they are ugly. I think it looks absolutely stupid to wear shorts with the pockets hanging out. I think they are immodest. I can't see how these are comfortable. I don't like short shorts either. I don't have to want to worry about seeing anything improper. What happens when you bend over? Yuck. I don't think shorts have to come to your knees, but I wish people would cover more up. Even if someone is skinny or can pull it off, I think they still look ridiculous.

18. nuka cola

nuka colaBanned

Threads:
    You're referring to the "high waisted" shorts. A lot of young girls like high school age wear these, it's the trend right now to show a lot of skin and these sometimes end up showing a little more in the back...

19. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    LOL, I appreciate that women want to show their legs, I don't mind watching them, but those pockets hanging there are beyond my understanding, they have no utilitarian use what-so-ever and from the looks point of view they are just awful, I doubt that anyone likes to see that. Like you say rich, why would your wife enjoy that sort of pockets?

20. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    I do not understand this fad, nor the fad of having as much skin as possible showing. I think it looks cheap and I would never do it. But if others want to dress like this and send off the wrong message that is there prerogative. I remember when this first became popular, the short shorts I could tolerate, but the pockets hanging out looks ridiculous to me.

Plus the way they hang there would allow them to move that would tickle my leg making me think there was a spider or something. It doesn't look comfortable at all.