Should You Print On The Back Of Used Paper?

Discussion in Office Supplies started by Denis Hard • Jul 27, 2014.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Or would that be going too far with saving money in the office? Supposing what's being printed [a memo] or whatever it is, is intended for use only within the workplace/office, wouldn't it save you cash you'd have spent buying paper?

Your thoughts?

2. tangela

tangelaActive Member

Threads:
    If it's something that I'm just keeping for myself, then yeah sure I'll do it to save paper and save some money. But if it's an important document or something I need to give to someone else (paper for homework, files or document for work or for landlord or stuff like that), then no I wouldn't do it.

3. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    I homeschool my two boys and we print lots of worksheets. I usually buy a bundle of 500 sheets of paper for this and I am saving a lot when printing on the back of their used worksheets. I print on those that were worked on at least 3 months back and when I have finished recording and submitting their grades. Not only is this good for my wallet but for the environment as well.

4. devilishomar

devilishomarMember

Threads:
    I do that all the time! My office has a ton of papers that it no longer needs (which have only one-sided pages) that I can just take home and use all for myself! It's a good way to recycle things like these because they're quite readily available (and in large amounts!).

Most of the prints I do are on used papers like those. If I want to print an article for myself, I'll use those. In cases where I have to print something 'formal', such as for a friend or relative, I use clean paper just because it gives a good impression to them.

5. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I do it for non important or personal things but otherwise I'd just keep the printed paper to use for writing or drawing on for future use. Usually, printing on the back makes it a bit confusing especially if both sides are of similar nature such as just having double spaced paragraphs, but if it's an image then it's okay. I agree that it's a great way to save on paper.

6. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I print on the back of used bond paper every time. But I don't use that for formal reports to be submitted to my boss. I only use them informally. Like for instance I need to print a certain document for personal use or I need to give somebody an unofficial report.

However, I don't print on the back of just any used paper. The used paper should be straight, not crumpled, and should not have blunt edges. Used paper with blunt edges might result in paper jams so you must be very careful.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    In the company I currently work at we don't have a policy or practice to print on used paper. However, on the smaller company I worked at before this one, we did do that a lot. We usually made a line from the top to bottom of the paper so that people knew the right side, then put it on the printer so that the other side could be reused.

8. deathbyprayer

deathbyprayerActive Member

Threads:
    Well if what your printing isn't of importance then why not? If it's just a memo I think it will save a lot on the paper and the trees of course, don't forget nature.

9. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    I think its okay for the most part. I mean, if it's nothing important or if it's just a note or something then it's fine, well at least for me. And it seems like a waste that you would use a clean sheet of paper just to print a 10 sentence memorandum for an employee to shut the lights off every time he leaves the office right?

10. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Yes, I do especially for my readings that are not required to be submitted and to be neat. Not only I am able to save the paper, I am also able to save on the weight of the material that I would be bringing. I am also able to save on the future trashes. So, out of practicality, I do print at the back of used paper.