Skin and Bodycare Products

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by tulosai • Jun 26, 2012.

1. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:
    Does anyone have recommendations for affordable, high quality skin and body care products? I'm thinking in a Bath and Body Works kind of way- lotions, soaps, perfumes and spritzers.

I really like one company called Bunny Butt. They are both online and at craft fairs throughout the country. I discovered them at a craft fair and have been addicted ever since. Their soaps and lotions all smell positively divine. Unfortunately, they are a little pricey for me but they're cheaper than Bath and Body Works and all natural too. I'd recommend checking them out if you have room in your budget for a tiny bit of decadence.

Other than that, I keep it pretty simple- I use plain Dove soap and that's it on most days.

How about you guys? Any bargains or awesome brands I should know about?

2. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    Bunny Butt? That's an awesome name, haha!

I find though that I save money by making my own skin products and such. I'll just take olive oil and mix in an essential oil and smooth it on after I take a shower. I do the same with my hair. I find that olive oil is much cheaper and much more versatile than any skin product I could buy... and adding an essential oil (lavender! patchouli!) makes it smell nice as well.

3. tulosai

tulosaiActive Member

Threads:

This might sound really innocent of me, but are you saying that you can make your own shampoo using just olive oil and essential oil? If so that had never occurred to me- I might need to try it. Thanks for the advice- I am always trying to figure out how to save money on skincare and this might be a great way!

4. lauraemilia

lauraemiliaNew Member

Threads:
    There are so many affordable products that you can buy for your skin..that I think it takes to much time for preparing one. Although it's a good idea if you have time. I am opened to new ideas :)