Skirts For Men?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by Denis Hard • Oct 22, 2013.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Maybe it's the new fashion or men are taking cross-dressing to a different level or they're getting back at women for wearing pants. . .

. . .it's not clear why men should wear skirts but fact is skirts have been designed for men. Maybe they'll have a rocket-ship label.

I only saw the review on Amazon [

and I'm interested in finding out more. Does anyone know the exact place to find skirts for men [or can any do since a skirt is a skirt]?

2. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I never knew such a product even existed. I cannot imagine a man in a skirt, let alone a man buying a skirt. I think this is not a fashion move or statement, but probably just a result of cross-dressing. Although I can understand why products like this are made. It is just like men's products being made for women.

3. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Aside from the old Scottish tradition of men using skirts, i don't think i ever saw them in a normal day, casual fashion or whatever. It's normal for women to dress a bit more like men, but i think the opposite way is a little weird for some reason.

4. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Funny!

Last month there was a guy at church wearing a skirt. It looked like a kilt. Just about anything goes in California, but seeing a man in a skirt is really different!

The link in the OP is for a long skirt. It looks ridiculous. Kilt is okay, but a long flowing skirt is pushing it. Are you sure it's not a practical joke?

5. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I don't think skirts for men will ever be fashionable. I know that Scottish kilts are a tradition, but they don't wear them everywhere, everyday. Also, the men wear skirts in the Pacific Islands, I think in Samoa. I am not too sure if I named the island correctly. However, I don't think they wear them on a daily basis. I don't see this fashion tread happening in the US.

6. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's a definite no from me, I would never wear a skirt unless it was for charity or something like that.

I don't know where you live but I have never seen a man wearing a skirt in my area. Maybe it is a celebrity trend...

7. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It just takes one celebrity the kids look up to and this will fly. Once it does, it will slowly weave it's way into mainstream. You never know!

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Fashion has always been outrageous to some, but it is the top fashion names and brands' duty to continually keep pushing boundaries. It's perfectly normal for the general public to want to experiment, in my opinion, as regular clothes, and just regularity in general does tend to get boring.

9. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    And for celebrities, to grab media attention so they can sell more records. Here's a link to some male celebrities wearing skirts:

10. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266Active Member

Threads:
    I do not think men should wear skirts for fashion reasons.
    The men I know who do wear skirts do it because it is a tradition rooted in their culture.
    My sister is married to a Somali and he would wear a skirt in the house because that is how he grew up and that is normal t him. He does not wear it outside though...

11. Alonzo123

Alonzo123Active Member

Threads:
    I can't consider this fashion at all. Skirts for men Yeakhh