Skullcandy headphones are a great affordable buy

Discussion in Product Reviews started by RazKnows • Oct 26, 2013.

1. RazKnows

RazKnowsNew Member

Threads:
    [​IMG]

I was really impressed when I purchased these headphones. They're loud and have quite a bit of bass to them. They feel great and are comfortable with an adjustable band. For $24.99 they're good buy for quality. You won't be dissapointed, trust me.

2. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    They are not too durable though but I guess that is to be expected at the price. Mine stopped working little over an year after I bought them. Now I am thinking that getting something $10-15 more expensive would have been better. My brother's Sennheiser headphones still work well some 4 years after he bought them. You cannot underestimate durability of a product as a factor when buying it.

3. erronousRogue

erronousRogueMember

Threads:
    Eh, I still wouldn't give $25 for them, especially for something Skullcandy. If you're looking for something bass heavy and affordable, try the Sennheiser 201s. Or save up a bit and go for the 202s.

4. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    I agree, that Skullcandy headphones are very much worth the price. I remember I use to own some Skulcandy headphones and I absolutely loved them. They just are not as durable as another brand name headphone such as Beats. Other than that, they are a great buy.

5. jbepp

jbeppMember

Threads:
    I disagree.
    For just $28 you can get the Sennheiser 202s, which, in my opinion, sound much better that anything Skullcandy makes.

6. NeliaDillahunty

NeliaDillahuntyNew Member

Threads:
    Not good, headphones from Skull Candy sucks.

7. Scipio

ScipioNew Member

Threads:
    For me, I have to resort to a basic Phillips headphone simply because fanciful headphones obviously won’t have much durability. Especially if it’s common for me to wrap up my earphones and put it inside a pocket that’s probably filled with one more item other than the MP3/Media player I use on a daily basis.

I had an iFrogz headphone set, which is even more useful and cheaper than Skullycandy headphones in my personal opinion. But the moment the composition starts falling out of place, sooner or later you’ll find yourself wondering where the rest of the coverings are if it’s moved around too much.

The Phillips earphone I have is probably better because it has an ear loop which means it has a smaller probability of falling and potentially cracking from repeated falls. I make sure to take care of my headphones, and having something really small for the ears is useful for sound-blocking, but it’s just too much high-maintenance to manage.

8. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    It feels to me as though you are paying more for the style than the quality with these headphones. They look cool but that is really all there is to it for me. I have found many different headphones that sound better.

Also, I was perplexed as to why I would buy from that particular site when I can get it cheaper at Amazon?

9. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    Also, I don't know why people think that Skullcandy headphones look good. I got one as a gift once and I think the design is absolutely terrible. The sound quality is pretty good though, for free headphones that is.

10. UshaBecker

UshaBeckerMember

Threads:
    Philips are damn good. They have always been the best when it comes to sound.

11. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I am really happy with my Skullcandy headphones. I use them in the gym when I am on the treadmill so that I can block out all surrounding sound.

12. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    I love skull candy headphones. One thing about them that sticks out for me is the durability. I have had a lot of headphones that really sound the part and give me what i need, but in a really short space of time they tend to break right before my eyes. I think that skull candy are not like this as i have had a pair for over 2 years without really facing any difficulty.

13. broknkyboard

broknkyboardMember

Threads:
    Skullcandy headphones are actually a pretty good buy compared to a lot of other overly-expensive name brands out there. Also, compared to the kind of headphones available near me, $25 is a pretty decent price, but if I'm going to buy online then pretty much everything has a decent price when compared to the more expensive imported ones, so you should actually check some of those out instead.

14. comlink

comlinkNew Member

Threads:
    Honestly the build quality of skull candy is terrible also their cable survival quality is bad as well, at most they can last you 2 years with insanely careful handling. Skull candy counters this buy giving refunds/replacements on all of their products for free. So if you do get these just take a note of that if they do break.

15. FloraFauna

FloraFaunaMember

Threads:
    Oh, Skullcandy. My brother got me into them and by the time I realized that they were the problem and not me, I had gone through four pairs. Not a fan. I have a pair of Sony headphones now that have yet to let me down.

16. AngryItalian

AngryItalianMember

Threads:
    I have Sony, Phillips, and Skullcandy. I have got the best durability and bass out of phillips, best quality from sony. I have got decent bass and mediocre quality from anything I have ever gotten from Skull candy. I am getting some new headphones around Christmas, I am certain I will choose Phillips or Sony before the inevitably less durable brand we know as Skullcandy. Don't get me wrong, they have decent sound for the price of some models, but they still leave a lot to be desired. I would invest in Sennhesier 201 or 202s. They are what you want in durability. Skullcandys lose sound in one side fairly quickly. All the other brands I have listed stay stable for 6 months or more. Look for anything that has at least 4 stars on Amazon.

17. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't tried Skull Candy yet, since I always tend to go for Sony earphones. As long as you just store them at home and you don't carry them around, they will last. Mine lasted for 6 years, and it only got broken when the cord was intentionally cut by this person!

18. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    The only problem I have with Skullcandy is that they break within a year. There was a great pair of headphones that didn't even last five months with little usage. I even had a pair that I didn't use at all and decided to let my friend use it. The pair didn't even work and it makes me wonder if these are just made to fail after a certain time.

19. wwalford

wwalfordNew Member

Threads:
    They are one option and that is all. There are tons of different brands out there. I am glad you like your skullcandy but give it a year and you will find others you like. For my skullcandy is a name brand by that I mean like nike or puma. They are ok but are more a brand to show off . In terms of durability and performance there are better out there.

20. FloraFauna

FloraFaunaMember

Threads:

Yep, I don't think mine lasted over a year. The first two pairs, I convinced myself that it those two were just defective anomalies or that I had perhaps done something wrong. But then I got two pairs from my brother and it was the same thing...the same exact problem with all of them. While they work, they're great. Then one day, sooner rather than later, they become not so great.