Slow Cooker Turns 75

Discussion in Product Reviews started by pafjlh • Jan 25, 2015.

1. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, the slow cooker or as some refer to it the crock pot turns 75 this year. This versatile kitchen appliance has stood the test of time and has of course like other products gone through many changes over the years. Changes that have made it more efficient and also more safe.

I remember when my family first got a slow cooker. My aunt had told my mother about the convenience of one, so my father bought one for her. This was back in the seventies. Since then we discovered how convenient this appliance is, and haven't been without one since. In fact, we bought a more updated version this past year. Anyway, I thought this was something worth mentioning because I feel that the slow cooker is a great an helpful kitchen appliance that deserves to have its anniversary acknowledged.

2. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Slow cookers are a fantastic invention! They are great for people who are busy and people on a budget. They allow you to make really cheap one-pot meals which taste delicious because of the long cooking time. You can just shove all the ingredients in there in the morning before you go to work then come back home to a delicious meal already cooked.