Slushi Magic

Discussion in As Seen on TV started by rymick • Apr 19, 2012.

1. rymick

rymickNew Member

Threads:
    This works!

You keep these gel packs in the freezer and when you want to turn a drink into a slushi, you just drop them in your drink like ice cubes, put the lid on and SHAKE. After a few minutes, you have a slushi! You have to shake hard, but in the end, this product delivers! Kids really love it, I think it is a great gift.

I have heard complaints that it doesnt work but it is almost always because the packs are not cold enough or they are not shaking long enough.

I have not tried chocolate milk but but I hear it makes a mean frosty.

2. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    Oh, a frosty? You had me at chocolate. This sounds like a fun little gadget and the kids would have a fit over it. How much does it run for? Do you need to buy refills of anything?

If I'm understanding you, I can just pop one of these into any type of drink, shake it like mad and turn it into a slushy with no special flavorings?

3. racechick79

racechick79Active Member

Threads:
    I am so glad you posted this. I have some questions on it because my son is really interested in it. How do the packs work? It says that they are reusable, but just wondering what you have left over from the pack when you put it in the cup - like is the pack itself still at the bottom of the cup when you are drinking the slushi? I would like to look into buying this for his birthday next month, just wondering about that and also where did you get yours?

4. jrkrizco

jrkrizcoNew Member

Threads:
    My kids have been begging for these since they first came out. It looks really cool and even I want one. Now knowing that they actually work makes me want to go ahead and buy one. I know I can buy them around here at Rite-Aid and other drug stores. They really do look like a lot of fun. Thanks for posting.

5. bsdgds

bsdgdsActive Member

Threads:
    What Gel Packs? By which manufacturer? Maybe I'm ignorant, but you didn't include much in your OP. I don't see much information on the actual product. Thanks for the information...I guess. :/

6. Some1else0

Some1else0Member

Threads:
    It works? I thought it was a scam at first, haha...

Well, I just might buy this!
    Thanks for writing this, I'm sure that I'm not the only one who had suspicions about this.

7. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    I am so glad to hear this. My kids (and we have 6 of them) have been bugging us for the slushy magic. Every time it is on TV 5 of the 6 (because the youngest is 20 months) are screaming in excitement begging us to order it. I have been refusing because I figured it looked like it would not work.

Once you use the gel pack, do you wash it and then pop it back into the freezer until the next use?

8. Snrm

SnrmActive Member

Threads:
    How does this even work? Do you put any kind of soda into the packs or what? I am extremely confused by what this does. How do the packs even work? I'm guessing they have to be reusable because I can't see where you could possibly be able to buy more. I couldn't find much information on Google either, I would really like to know more about this product.

9. rymick

rymickNew Member

Threads:
    Im sorry, I guess I should have been more elaborate in my description! The Slushi Magic sells all over online, on TV commercials and at As Seen on TV stores, but we got ours at the fair! On their website,

, you can buy one get one free for $19.95 plus sh but you can find it cheaper at Amazon or eBay.

The package comes with a plastic mixing cup with a sealable cover. You have to freeze the gel packs- I’ve heard others complain don’t freeze well so maybe you should try putting them in the coldest part of your freezer. Once they are frozen you take them out, add them to the mixing cup, and add your drink. The packs go in the cup just like ice cubes.

After you seal the cup you have to VIGOROUSLY SHAKE for about two minutes. An adult may need to handle this part.

Once you are done and you know your drink has solidified into a slushi, you can open it, and either eat/drink around the gel packs or take them out.

Once the gel packs are removed you will find that there is much less drink in there than you thought you had, since the cubes take up so much of the space. That part is a bit disappointing, but it’s pretty easy to just make more!

The packs are definitely reusable, you can just rinse them and stick them back in the freezer.
    Hope this info helps and makes it a little more clear.

10. BonnyC

BonnyCActive Member

Threads:
    Thanks for getting back to us! I think I'm pretty well sold on this thing. I'll be getting it soon, especially since it's getting so hot outside. I love anything with fully reusable parts! That alone will save a lot of money. I wonder what's in the gel packs that makes them turn it into a slushy and is it safe? I worry about one leaking without me knowing it.

11. Jeremy Green

Jeremy GreenMember

Threads:
    I love slushis. I will have to purchase this product. I wonder how good they taste.

12. daisiesndots

daisiesndotsMember

Threads:
    I had no idea that this product actually worked! I have been eying it at Walmart. They have it for $14.99, I have to admit, I have thought about buying it and now I really am! I just wish it wasn't so expensive! $15 for 1 cup isn't very practical when you have other kids waiting around for a slushy as well. But that chocolate milk = frosty Idea really has me wanting to go buy this asap!

13. kittykarina

kittykarinaActive Member

Threads:
    Thank you for posting this! My son always begs me to buy it when we see the commercial on television. I always wondered if it actually worked. I think I'll go ahead and get it now.

14. Jeremy Green

Jeremy GreenMember

Threads:
    I am going to make my purchase as soon as I get the chance. Thanks for the share!

15. racechick79

racechick79Active Member

Threads:
    Thank you for getting back to everybody with your description. I think I might have to go for the buy one get one free since my son wants it and I think I might get one for my niece for her birthday! I am still a little confused about how the gel pack makes the drink into a slushi, unless it is just that the packs are so cold that they begin the freezing process of the drink. I don't think it will matter to us that isn't doesn't make much since my son is only 2 and I wouldn't want him to have much anyways! Thanks again for posting!

16. racechick79

racechick79Active Member

Threads:
    I just had to add this because it was so funny to me. My niece stopped up just a little while ago and was playing with my son. Out of nowhere she says "I've seen those Slushi Magic commercials, do they actually work you think?" This is the niece I was planning to buy it for, so I had to laugh! I just said, "they might, maybe it is a good thing to ask for for your birthday!" Now I have to get online and order them :) Thanks again for the info!

17. Jailynnsgrandma

JailynnsgrandmaMember

Threads:
    I had not heard of this product but I am going to have to look for it. I think my granddaughter would love it. Sounds fun and like something that would make her happy.

18. Jeremy Green

Jeremy GreenMember

Threads:
    That's awesome that it actually works. I will have to purchase this ASAP!

19. NopGuy

NopGuyActive Member

Threads:
    Wow! Thanks for the review! I have to admit that the Slushie Magic seemed like such an obvious scan (I blame the commercial itself) when I first saw it, but I may pick it up if I have some extra money since it'd be nice to have a slushie whenever I want.

20. sunshinesaver

sunshinesaverMember

Threads:
    I bought one at Wal-Mart, but I must not be shaking it enough. I didn't think it was worth the $14.95 that I paid for it. I also noticed that mine leaked out when I tried to shake it. You have to shake it straight up and down for it not to leak. If you goes sideways, even slightly, you get the drink splattered around your kitchen. I was thinking of taking mine back, but now that you all have had good experiences with it I might try it one more time.