Smooth Skin

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Blossom • Oct 6, 2012.

1. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    I had acne as a child, but now I have large pores, moles and an occasional pimple. It just looks very rough to me. Is there an inexpensive way to make skin look more smooth and radiant or am I stuck with this type of skin due to genetics? I know that drinking water and eating lots of fruits and veggies is supposed to give us beautiful skin, but how much does it improve the skin once it's gotten rough?

2. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    Have you ever tried at-home facial peels? I buy mine from a site called

. There are a lot of before and after pictures on their site of what you are describing your skin looks like. Here is one before and after:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Check out more pictures like this on their testimonial page. Facial peels are great for acne scars, wrinkles, age spots and melasma (what I have and peels are slowly getting rid of it). You can email them and they will let you know exactly what you need to do for your particular problem.

Hope that helps.

#2Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  3. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    Facial peels seem like a great option. I have a considerable amount of prominent acne scars and would love to minimize their appearance.

4. sandooch

sandoochActive Member

Threads:
    And doing them at home is a heck of a lot cheaper than getting them done professionally. I spent about $30 for each of my lactic acid and TCA peels and have done several peels on my face with each bottle. I still have enough left to do a few more. I use them for fine lines but mostly for melasma, which is really difficult to get rid of as opposed to age spots. I'd say I've done 4-5 lactic acid peels and around the same with the TCA (much stronger) peels, and my melasma is about 80% gone. I need to do a few more to totally get rid of them, but I'm confident that they will be history soon.

5. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    @sandooch@sandooch Thank you so much. That is very similar to what my skin looks like. I will check out the site.

#5Oct 8, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2018
  6. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    We have the same problem and I also wanted to somehow reduced this acne scars that is the scourge of my adolescence. Please let me know after you have used the product if it really worked. I would also grab myself one if this one is effective. I won't hesitate to spend about $50 for my face to be a little less rough that what it is now.

7. RaymondLang

RaymondLangNew Member

Threads:
    i suffered from the same problem in past and just my face got filled woth wholes and marks so i just did the course of dermarollers and got my face fit and fine and it is very cheap method to do it as rolling is done for the face to make it awesome

8. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    Okay, I am researching the dermaroller now. I see something about small needles. Is that something that is painful?

9. almari_011

almari_011Member

Threads:
    Wow, that looks interesting. Very good results. :) But is it not harmful to try out peels at home with just yourself? I've heard that it can burn your skin so I'm quite hesitant to try. But I would like to try it out on my legs. I have a lot of scars so maybe this will work.

10. tosaytheleast

tosaytheleastActive Member

Threads:
    Same here mate! I actually have reached the site but I was hesitant to order and do this treatment on my own because I'm scared that I might burn my skin. Our face is a delicate part of our body that's why we could not just put chemicals without knowing how it will work.

11. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    Make sure you are getting plenty of omega 3 in your diet from fish, nuts and flax. I use a lot of products by Palmers, which I am finding help with old scars and taming redness from acne. My favorite is their body oil, which I put on after my shower and other times of the day. lt's great on the face, even though it doesn't state it's for this purpose.

12. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    I agree chemical peels are a great option. I currently use TCA peels from MUAC they are pretty inexpensive and work really well. It takes a while to see results but it is worth the wait.

13. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I use applecider vinegar for a face cleaner, apply at night before bed, let it dry in. This will clean and tone the skin all at the same time. It will keep pimples away as well by drying them up before they pop out on your skin. So try that and see what happens, I bet you will love yourself for doing it. You can use some nice shea butter on your skin so it will keep it nice and soft during the day.

14. Blossom

BlossomActive Member

Threads:
    I've heard that shea butter is good, but when I tried it on my face, it irritated my skin. I've been wanting to try the apple cider, but I'm afraid that it will further irritate my skin. My skin is very sensitive and even the natural stuff sometimes doesn't work for me.