Snow rental service

Discussion in Travel started by Gelsemium • Jan 20, 2014.

1. Gelsemium

GelsemiumWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My country doesn't have snow usually, just in the mountains. My kids for example have never seen snow because we never took them there. Actually we are planning to make a trip to Serra da Estrela ("our" snow mountain :)) and I've been already asking friends to borrow snow clothing, it seems ridiculous to buy boots and snow pants for a one time use only.

What do you guys think, would it be a good idea to have a rental service for snow clothing, or is it something that already exists and I am unaware of it? Here at my country such service does not exist that I know of.

2. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    I've never heard of this until now. This is cool but I bet that we have this service in my country, it's going to be really expensive. :)

3. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it's a great idea and I don't know why you think it should be expensive difranc, if you're renting just for three days or one week, it doesn't have to be so expensive. As long as you sign something that makes you responsible for not ruining the clothes or you would have to buy them.

4. Gelsemium

Threads:
    It would surely mean saving some dollars when doing it, but if no one is doing it maybe it's not profitable. It would be a highly seasonal activity and probably wouldn't give enough profit. I imagine that not that many people would want to wear clothes that other have wore, but I wouldn't mind doing it.

5. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Are you asking because you're thinking of starting this type of business? I say, you don't know until you try. If it doesn't prove profitable, it will at least bring in some side money and every bit helps. I think most people should think of having a few businesses instead of wrapping themselves all into one. Maybe if there was an option to rent the clothing, it would give more people reason to go more often. I know I would probably be more apt to stay home than go if I didn't have the proper clothing or equipment.. I can't be the only one.

6. Gelsemium

Threads:
    Are you saying not just snow clothing, but to rent all sort of clothing?

I have no intentions of starting a business, I have a job and I don't have money to invest on clothes or time to create the channels and advertise for the clothings, probably I was just daydreaming about a cheaper way to get snow clothing... :)