So Much Pumpkin Flavor

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Zyni • Oct 9, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Everything seems to be pumpkin flavored right now. Pumpkin this and that, from coffee or creamer to cookies. Ice cream, pudding, and so many other things all seem to come in this flavor this autumn. I'm not a huge fan of it all, but I know that many people enjoy it while it lasts.

Are you willing to pay more for something that comes in pumpkin spice flavor?

2. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Some pumpkin-flavored stuff tastes better than others, so it really depends. If it’s paired with chocolate, then no, not so much. I love both chocolate and pumpkin spice, but they don’t tend to mix well, in my opinion. But other things like ice cream, or a chai latte, yes, I’ll grab it as an occasional treat throughout autumn and I’m willing to pay the price.

3. Jasmine2015

Jasmine2015Active Member

Threads:
    I have noticed this too. But it us because pumpkin takes time to grow and then harvest. I don't know any other fruit that gets as much hype as pumpkin when it's harvest season. I was just at the dollar general and bought pumpkin spice waffles for a dollar. I thought it would be nasty but nope! It's pretty good for a dollar store brand.

4. jneanz

jneanzActive Member

Threads:
    I almost got some pumpkin waffles but got pumpkin pecan oatmeal instead. The hype at this time of year is funny because it's like 'what will they come up with next'. But it does bring a good variety to everyday foods.

5. SarahWorksAtHome

SarahWorksAtHomeActive Member

Threads:
    Quite the contrary, I'm of the small percentage in this season that would have to be PAID to consume pumpkin anything. I get so annoyed at the "pumpkin everything" that is everywhere right now. Pumpkin shakes, coffee, ice cream, cookies.... blech! Nastiness.
    I have a sister in law obsessed with pumpkin and stocks up. She even drinks pumpkin coffee creamer in the spring! Crazy. LOL

6. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You are fed up with pumpkin flavor simply because there is an abundance of it. We have no pumpkins here and I had already posted in several threads and forums that I have long ago wanted to taste pumpkin pie. Every Halloween, I would be spying in restaurants and bakeshops but I cannot find pumpkin pie here.

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:I guess so, because it's seasonal. I like pumpkin flavors so I'll just pay for it if I want to buy it. I love the healthful benefits of pumpkin.:rolleyes: I'm glad that during the year sometimes canned pumpkin goes on sale too.
    n-clip-art-pumpkins-halloween-pumpkin-scene-royalty-free-stock-photos---image--11126718-pictures. (clipart from :

10/8/2015.)

8. purplepen88

purplepen88Active Member

Threads:
    I really like the taste of pumpkin pie. I love a pumpkin latte or pumpkin muffin or pumpkin loaf. I just really like the spices used in these items. It's the warm flavours of cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice, clove that go so nicely together. It's such an autumn reminder that winter isn't too far away. I live in Canada and we have four distinct seasons so when the leaves start to change colour you know it's pumpkin season and Halloween is just around the corner. Since it's such a short season I try to enjoy the pumpkin treats in the store.