Soap for Acne

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by chiofthenorns • Oct 10, 2014.

1. chiofthenorns

chiofthenornsActive Member

Threads:
    I was wondering what facial wash or soap you use when you have breakouts. I have acne, and I have tried so many kinds of soaps throughout the years. Right now, I am using the soap sold by the spa I go to to get my facial treatments done. It's effective so far. :) What do you use on your face?

2. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    The soap that I usually use is Pears. It is very mild soap and works perfectly for my skin. I think it is really great soap. Also it does not make my skin dry like many other harsh soaps that end up damaging your skin more than doing anything else.

3. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    Clean and Clear, Pear soap, any Sulfur Soap, St. Ives Apricot scrub! All these are things that I've tried, for me, St.Ives seems to be the thing that works best, what works will depend upon your skin type and the kind of product that you use, some people, will be using a specific product for years, with little success and as soon as they switch to something they think is better, their acne gets worst, I think acne is more of an age thing, rather than a medication thing, I think with age, your acne will go away, no matter how much a person will try to get ready of their acne- when their acne decides that it wants to stay, oh it will stay! lol, but... keep using the acne products, at least they help to reduce how much acne is present on your skin.

4. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    When I have a breakout, I don't use anything at all. I keep using what I am already using, and that is the Cetaphil. Later on breakouts would diminish and just eventually subside. I don't use anything else. I use glycolic soap though, but this only comes once in a while, I have a specific time when to use this soap. If the breakout comes during the time I am not supposed to use the glycolic soap, I leave it all to Cetaphil. What is important is just to make my face clean.