Soap or body wash

Discussion in Misc & Others started by Ryder13 • Jan 20, 2013.

1. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    Actually went from soap in the shower to body wash. But I stayed with the same main brand. Irish Spring.
    So who prefers which, soap vs body wash and any brand favorites or is it simply either or and whatever is on sale.
    Ryder13

2. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I also have fallen victim to the body wash. I seem to go through it quicker than I do a bar of soap. My soap of choice is the Dove white bar. So now, when I want a little treat, I buy the Dove Body Wash and use it as bubble bath.

3. Bloomatic

BloomaticActive Member

Threads:
    In this sense I am a little more classic: I prefer the soap. Appear on the market every day new brands of body wash, but still haven't conquered my bathroom. The liquid soap doesn't seduce me. I prefer to feel the texture of the classic soap on my body or sponge. Perhaps the body wash has some benefits, but I think it creates more foam waste, the soap is more concentrated. Anyway, I think the body wash a practical option for travel, use after sports or at the gym. Generally the bar soaps are formulated with a minimum percentage of caustic soda, to achieve consistency of paste and avoid ruining the tallow with which it is made, which causes an erosion of natural fat from the skin, causing dryness, that is a negative point. The ingredients of the liquid soap tend to be softer to the skin (but equally effective cleaning) and a lighter foam, which makes it better rinsing and no residue remains on the skin, unlike the bar where the foam becomes a bit more dense. :D

4. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    I seem to stick to body wash. I love the Olay body wash that smells so good and refreshing. If I happen to run out before I get more I go to Ivory Liquid dish soap and that leaves your skin nice and soft just like a baby's skin. So, if you run out try that one and you will love it too.

5. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer body wash because it's easier and quicker to use. I've always had a problem with clumsiness, so soap bars seem to always slip all over the place if I'm not careful. I don't really have a preferred brand, I just use whatever smells nice and isn't terrible for skin. I seem to always end up using Dove though.

6. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do not like soap at all i like the body wash better i feel like it's cheaper and it last a lot longer than the bar of soap and it smells better i don't have a favorite brand which ever smells good i go with it.

7. Treighsie

TreighsieActive Member

Threads:
    I like body wash, hubby likes soap. Both are ok. Hubby will only use irish spring bar soap, but I buy a lot when it's on sale/ have a coupon.
    For body wash, I buy whatever is cheapest. I prefer free. I'm not brand-loyal with body soap!

8. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Ditto! I hate trying to chase a slippery bar of soap around in the shower so switched to using body wash and Dove is my all time favorite one.

9. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    Body wash every time, although my husband likes Wright's Coal Tar soap. My favourite brand is Sanex, but I also like Avon's Skin So Soft. Both of these are gentle and moisturising, which is important to me, as I have skin problems due to Lupus. I'm not 100% brand faithful, though - if we're visiting anyone, I don't take my body wash with me, I'll just use whatever is in the bathroom.

10. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    My wife encouraged me to switch to body wash. I have been using body wash for close to a year now and it has saved me money. I used to have to buy soap every two weeks, but the body wash from the dollar store lasts me about six weeks and it's fantastic.

11. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    You may find this ridiculous, but I have no preference. Soap, body wash, shampoo, whatever causes me to be clean at the end of my shower.

12. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I think soap does just fine, but I have a bunch of body wash. I've noticed it's one of the easiest things to get for free or nearly free with a coupon and a sale. It seems like multiple brands offer coupons, and it's always on sale at the drug stores.

13. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Body wash and a synthetic loofah sponge. I just don't feel as clean unless I shower with the loofah, rags just don't do the same and neither does just using the bar of soap by itself. Plus, I kinda get grossed out sharing bars of soap with other people.

14. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer body wash as it's easier and more convenient to use. Also, soap melts too easily and you probably would end up buying every week. It's also a bit messy when it starts to melt.

15. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I usually only wash my body with body wash.
    I love ow it lathers and at this point I just don't know how I am going to wash my whole body with a bar of soap.
    It just won't make sense to me(haha).
    I prefer to bath in a more luxurious way so body wash is my way to go always.

16. Lena51

Lena51Active Member

Threads:
    There is a lot of great body washes out there and that is what I love but when I forget to pick some up before the next bath, then I always have Ivory Liquid that cleans just as well until I get to the store the next morning. I love that nice clean feel and smell.

17. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use body wash. I just to be a big soap fan, but then I tried body wash. I just couldn't go back. My first choice is Dove, then Nivea body wash.

18. GavinMcresty

GavinMcrestyMember

Threads:
    Actually, I just wash in olive oil. I had various skin problems such as eczema for quite some time. I started washing using coconut oil at first and all the problems swiftly cleared up. However, it was making a huge mess of the shower and bathroom. As a result, I switched to olive oil because it is less of a fuss. I have not had any re-occurrence of my skin issues so I have stuck with it ever since. It is just normal olive oil from the supermarket, which would normally be used for cooking. An advantage of it is that it is a lot cheaper than commercial soaps and shower gels.

19. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I prefer body wash most of the time...if I do use soap I go for dove most of the time.

20. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Soap or chemical soup? Hmmmmmm.. lemme think about this. LOL.. soap please.