Soapnuts - Hypo-allergenic Laundry Detergent & All Purpose Household Cleaner

Discussion in Home & Garden started by gata montes • Jul 26, 2015.

1. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    As I feel more than sure that there are many people - who as they are highly allergic to all the chemicals used in commercially made laundry detergents and household cleaners - that are having great difficulty in finding a satisfactory and efficient hypo-allergenic alternative.

I can highly recommend using Soap Nuts which I have found to be totally hypo-allergenic in every way - especially as - apart from being an excellent natural substitute for laundry detergent - they can also be used as an all purpose totally natural non toxic liquid cleaner - which is easily done - by boiling the nuts in water and simmering for 30 minutes - which then once transferred to a spray bottle - is absolutely great for cleaning just about everything around The House from washing dishes to cleaning the car and have to say that they are particularly good for cleaning jewellery, cleansing and detoxifying fruit and vegetables and removing household odors.

So if you haven't tried using Soap Nuts yet and would like to know more about their many excellent and very effective uses - I have included a link which I hope you will find helpful as it contains plenty of very useful information

I would however just add - as Soap Nuts are totally natural and extremely cost effective - I would definitely recommend giving them a try even if you are not allergic to commercially made detergents - as apart being one of the best natural cleaners that does an excellent job at cleaning just about anything - Soap Nuts are extremely versatile too - as they can also be used as a hand or body wash and even as a shampoo - which of course means even more savings.

2. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    This is some lifesaving information! I am very conscious about using chemicals, but I often give in due to costs. This really gives me some hope. The fact that it covers so many areas, is a big plus. It makes it really affordable too.

3. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've heard about soap nuts before, apparently their cleaning power really does rival that of the chemical alternatives. I'm not sure how I'd feel about using them as shampoo or body wash, I suspect they could be rather drying but they sound like a really economical solution to everyday cleaning.

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The name does sound familiar, so I guess I've heard of them. I have a few friends who like to try out whatever alternative products they come across. The flexibility in use sounds interesting, and the price does sound reasonable. I like the fact that they're natural, and I do tend to get itchy when using a lot of detergents, so tend to buy 'free and clear' type products, so I might look into soap nuts.

5. DancingLady

DancingLadyActive Member

Threads:
    Have not heard of them, but that sounds really neat. I usually use unscented, natural detergents and all natural soaps already, so I probably don't need this product though. I do like that it is multi-purpose, so when I get low on my current product, I'll take a look and see if this would save me money, or just be one more pricy product to have to buy.