Social Networking To Save Cash?

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by Denis Hard • Jun 9, 2015.

1. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Most stores have FB pages because to stay relevant on the net you must have social media presence. And since social media can be good for business and want they to grow their customer base they'll offer coupons specifically on their social media pages because they'll get more subscribers that way. So if you haven't liked their page(s), you miss out on much.

Haven't "liked" the FB pages of your favorite online store? Try it. It could save you some money.

2. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    Or it could be a constant way for them to advertize and use marketing tricks that will lead you to believe that you really need to buy two or three of their items to get it cheaper! When in fact, you were probably not going to visit them for the next season/even next year in some cases. People with reckless buying tendencies should watch out!

3. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    You have a point, but oftentimes, online stores don't disclose discounts to the public unless you are subscribed to them. I am an active online shopper of a marketplace website here in our country, and they would exclusively send me discount codes and coupons through email.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I rarely log in to FB, so I haven't done that yet. I will simply just go to the mall on those days where there is a mall wide sale, and for sure I'd get everything I buy at a discounted price.

@dyanmarie25@dyanmarie25, Which online store is that? Is it Lazada?

5. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Thanks for that idea, @ Denis Hard! I have never really given it much thought, but it's a good idea. I'll be off to like my favourite online stores. Even if I'm not privy to any promotions, at least this way I can stay abreast of all new developments. I don't use Facebook as I once used to, but I still log on and lurk about at least 4 times a week for maybe 30 minutes :)

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I do check the Facebook and Twitter pages when I am looking for a coupon as often they publish them there. On instaGC they do random posts for free booster points and when I wanted to buy a new domain I found a code and offer on the page of the site. Sometimes the offers are only for a day so you do need to check as you may miss it in your feed.

7. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    No. I am talking about Zalora. I think they are more reliable than Lazada. I have read some negative reviews about Lazada so I didn't took the risk. On the other hand, I have already made 5 purchases from Zalora, and so far, I am quite satisfied with all of them. Plus, they give out awesome discounts and sales. :)

8. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @dyanmarie25@dyanmarie25, Thanks for sharing your input and experience. I haven't tried buying from those 2 sites, so I definitely won't be trying Lazada out. So far, locally, I only tried buying from Ebay and Multiply (now closed) aside from Olx, so I will try Zalora in the future.

9. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    You are welcome. :) Actually, I am quite hesitant buying stuffs from Ebay. How was your experience with it?

10. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    So far I have mostly pleasant experiences from Ebay, I buy both locally and internationally. I buy memory cards and phones online, since they are cheaper. If you buy from China, shipping is always free. And always look for both auctions and buy it now prices, since if there is zero or low bids then you get it cheaper than the buy it now price. I have to warn you though, be prepared to fork out an extra P100 when your package arrives because you have to claim it at your designated post office branch. Back in 2012 it used to be only P40. Then in 2013 it became P50. Then it 2014 it became P56 then it jumped to P100 per parcel. So greedy isn't it? And don't buy gadgets if you don't want to be taxed! I got taxed twice! Or anything that looks expensive. Before there was a $50 "tax free" limit, but now they say it doesn't apply anymore and I got charged P745 "tax" for a P1,300 ($32) phone.

11. GemmaRowlands

GemmaRowlandsActive Member

Threads:
    I love using social networks to be able to save money, because you're right, they do always find ways to give offers to the people who have subscribed to their page. I enter a lot of competitions on the likes of Facebook and Twitter, and I find that I do win a fair number of them, too. I win lots of little prizes that I am then able to use as gifts at Christmas and things like that, so it is something that I enjoy doing a lot.

12. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    That's a really good idea, if you spend a lot of time on social websites. You probably can save quite a bit by making use of all the special deals and promotions of various companies. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of time for FB, or any of the other social networking sites. I only ever "accidentally" come across these deals.

13. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well I've mostly liked start-up online stores just to support them. Of course, I look through the products sometimes but when I'm not yet ready to buy, I just do the liking in advance until the need comes. When my money's ready for the spending, I contact these stores and place my order. My purchase helps build their business so it's definitely a win-win situation.

14. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Oh, I see. Thank you for the heads up! :) I think I am just going to stick to Zalora since I only buy clothes and accessories most of the time.

15. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have seen good coupons for things like tea and a few personal items that I use. I like the freebie type sites to try and get a coupon or a free trial item. I do not purchase clothes on line. Companies target you by your shopping habits online to reduce the amount of ads sent to me I do not sign up for a lot of those types of sites.

16. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I see. As for me, I'm wary now to buy tops online, because I just wasted money recently with tops that don't fit me, lol. In our case, buying online locally is the better option because of all those taxes and charges. :)

17. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Yeah, and besides that, you still have to go to the post office to claim your parcel. I would just prefer the convenience of waiting at the comfort of my own home for my order to be delivered right at my doorstep. Don't worry, never hesitate purchasing clothing items on Zalora because they have this "size guide" feature to help you find clothes that would perfectly fit you. And if ever the product somehow disappointed you, you could return it within 30 days, free of charge. :)

18. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @dyanmarie25@dyanmarie25, If they have a return or refund policy then that's good to know. Have you personally tried to return any item that you bought from Zalora? I wonder how that goes. I guess you just have to pay for return shipping am I right?

19. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    No. I haven't tried returning any item that I have purchased from them. So far, I am quite satisfied with every product I bought from Zalora. :) Well, as far as I know, returning items is free of charge. You can return the items either through free package drop off at any LBC, 2GO, and Air21 branch or through a free pickup nationwide but you need to send Zalora an email first about it.

20. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @dyanmarie25@dyanmarie25, If that's the case, then I would give Zalora a try in the future. It's nice to know that if the product doesn't fit or you weren't satisfied you won't have to spend more for return shipping. I hope to buy gadgets there if they are cheaper than the ones in the mall. :)