Solar Panels In The Northern Parts Of The Us

Discussion in Gas & Electricity started by JulianWilliams • Jan 26, 2016.

1. JulianWilliams

JulianWilliamsMember

Threads:
    Hello, I was wondering if it's worth getting solar panels for a house located in the Northern parts of the US. Are they cost effective? What sort of savings could one expect? How large is the typical investment? How many years could I expect to recoup my investment in? I'm a bit weary of spending a lot of money upfront, but I would also love a smaller electricity bill.

2. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I could not give you are answer to your questions as I have the same questions. Only I am in the Mid-Atlantic area of the states. A lot of people in this area have gotten solar panels on their homes so I think it could be a good thing. And after this last big snow storm I think more people will be looking into getting solar for their homes.

3. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The thing about solar panels is that even though you don't exactly live in a place with a lot of sun, they save as much energy as possible whenever there's available sunshine. Solar panels store all the energy they get from the sunshine but it would also depend on the capacity of the panels you bought. You can use them only when you have to - usually when your regular power supply is out or when you feel the need to conserve energy every now and then.